pinched nerve

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain
Dt

pinched nerve

Post by Dt » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:22 am

Hello all...

Glad I found this site. About a month ago, i started feeling a stabbing pain in under my shoulder blade. It felt like someone stabbing me with a knife all the way thru my chest. Two deep tissue massages felt great but did not help. I am now seeing a Chiro and do no like it at all. My instincts told me not to go but the guy I am seeing was highly recommended. I have only gone 5 times and one day felt a tiny bit better but not really too much. I am not going to go anymore. It scares me to death and I am glad I found out some info on this site. I also realized that I have a pinched nerve (although the chiro said they don't call it that anymore?)
I did go to my family doc first and he said I could go to a chiro but only a few times. This chiro wants me to go for life!
By the way- I have never had a backache in my life and this is really annoying me to no end. Any suggestions on helping a pinched nerve? thanks!

sharad_chadha

Post by sharad_chadha » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:33 am

I have the same problem. I had never had any kind of back pain so far in my life but recently I started with upper back pain that persisted for a month and a half before I saw a neurosurgeon. I had been having symptoms of numbness in my arms for some 3 years when this happened. An MRI scan revealed a C5-c6 dis prolapse which is probably pinching a nerve and mild degeneration in c6-c7 disc. The neuro surgeon advised isometric exercises for the neck and I have been doing these for last one month. I have lot of relief compared to what my state was about 2 months back. Though there are days when I feel perfectly fine while on some days I feel uncomfortable pain in shoulder and arms. But is is better than the consistent painful condition of the past. The doctor says that the healing could take up to six months in some cases.

sharad_chadha

Post by sharad_chadha » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 am

In addition to the isometric exercises that my neuro prescribed (these isometric exercises are also mentioned in rebuild your neck), I picked up couple of additional exercises from RYN that I wasn't performing before (the chin back, neck back bend and neck side bend) and I have a dramatic improvement within 3 days of starting these new exercises. I thought this would help you to keep your hopes alive for a recovery without surgery.

Osbaldo_07

Re: pinched nerve

Post by Osbaldo_07 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:52 am

nice post !