Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Postby normalane » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:33 am

Hi Dean and all brothers and sisters in pain. I am a 46 year old woman with spinal arthritis. It started about 30+ years ago when I crushed three vertebrae in my lower back in a gymnastics accident. I was put in a body cast for four months or so, and when I came out of it I began working. I worked for about 27 years in very laborious, repetitive work, until 2003 when bone spurs in my neck forced me to get a cervical fusion from C-5 through C-7. I have endured back and neck pain that I would rate on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) around 8, without activity. It has affected every aspect of my life, which is why I am up at this ungodly hour! I never knew that other people slept more than I, especially if you were older. I assumed everyone slept hour to hour, until I got into a great P.T. program. I have beentold that I cannot return to the former work I have known, and I find myself middle-aged and trying to find what I still can do. I thank you for this creating this site for those of us who deal with chronic pain. I have read alot of of your advice ( and others as well) for bulging discs/pinched nerves..what do you recommend for degenerative/stenosis/RSD nerve problems? Is there any hope for us?! Thanks, Norma
normalane

Postby Dean » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi Norma,

I wish I had a quick answer for you. I've actually avoided answering your post because I can't do it without plugging my books. And I just hate doing that. It just feels wrong somehow.

I was hoping someone else would jump in and answer so I wouldn't have to. But it's been two days and I hate to see your post go unanswered.

Anyway, the short and the long of it is, I've poured all of my advice (and literally my heart and soul) into three books specifically designed to help people overcome degenerative spinal problems.

So my answer to back and neck problems will always and forever be the same... rebuild, rebuild, rebuild.

I understand that you have a long history of problems. I also understand that some of them (crushed vertebrae, fusion surgery) may be beyond the scope of my program. You may find that my books help you and you may not.

If you do decide to try them, let us know if they helped.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Re: New Member

Postby Jules » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:19 am

Hi Normalane - in answer to Dean's note replying to yours - YES, download Dean's book!!! I am a VERY grateful 'back-pain' sufferer, nowhere near in the vicinity of your problems, who found this site a few months ago, and have since passed it onto my daughter Karen, who is also using it regularly, and following the RYB exercises - when able to!!!

I have been very up and down this past 6 months - have seen every doctor, chiro, physio, acupuncture, neuro-surgeon - THE LOT - and have found the best thing for me is to keep plugging with the exercises when I can, and easing off when I need to.

The good news is that I have good and bad days - at the moment going through a good spell, which I take with both hands and a silent (thank-you God), and keep on doing what I am doing - exercising!!! Staying mobile is my answer - I even managed a 20klm (electric bike) ride yesterday, and was sooooo good to feel the wind in my hair agin!!

So, Normalane, I wish you the very best of luck for your future rehab, and remember you have friends on this site. Keep logging on! Take care, Jules.
Jules

Return to Lower Back Pain