Rebuild your back excercises nearly impossible to do?

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.
lrodptl

Rebuild your back excercises nearly impossible to do?

Post by lrodptl » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49 am

I just started doing the back exercises and found some of them impossible to do as explained. Hold a pelvic pinch for 10 reps of 15 secs each after crunches,situps and a multitude of other stretches is impossible. Who can do this program? Who can do 10 pelvic pinches properly? Squeeze your butt and squeeze that tummy simultaneously 10 times?? I should be more definitive on which exercises I find ridiculous but too frustrated after 60 minutes.

Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:44 am

Hi lrodptl,

Well first off, you're only supposed to do the basics for the first month. The exercises you describe are all in the advanced section. I can't really tell from your brief message, but it sounds like you're trying to do too much all at once.

Some people are ready for the advanced section right off, but even then you aren't expected to do all of those exercises on any one day. (See my suggested example routines in the back of the book.)

Almost all of the exercises are ridiculously easy to do (randolph once jokingly described them as "wimpy" and I agree), so if you find one of them impossible to do, I would suggest putting it off until a later date. Then -- after you've had a chance to work with the other exercises for a while -- carefully read the explanation over again and see if it doesn't make more sense.

Also, with any exercise (mine or whatever) if you can only do two or three at first... then do two or three. In a few days you'll be able to do four... then five... and so on.

I hope this answers your question,
Dean

lrodptl

Post by lrodptl » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:08 pm

Thanks for the response. I admit frustration was at the root of my post but I'm no couich potato and no stranger to workouts. After 6 years of cervical and now lumbar problems I was ecstatic to hear that I could restore my back to a youthful condition. I had researched this subject to exhaustion I thought, including completing a cervical decompression and lumbar decompression program and purchasing and using a Saunders cervical decompression unit. Just venting but I won't quit as I just gotta have my life back.