new member here

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.
rose

new member here

Post by rose » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:42 pm

hi there would like to say hello to everyone on here and hope people are having a good evening iam rose and have had a bad back problem since august looking for people to exchange tips and views from rose

randolph

Post by randolph » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:27 pm

Thank you, Rose ... yes, having a good evening. Taking a last look at the forum before I head out on the road and send the family off "across the pond" to Faversham (near you!).

In the meantime, have you downloaded Dean's e-books (sounds like the Pain Relief Manual, and RYB would be useful for you)? If you haven't, a good place to start. And then if you have any specific questions how to use the information in relation to your specific back problems, I'm sure others in the forum will discuss their experiences ... and me when I return next week.

Randolph

rose

thank you

Post by rose » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:58 am

for your nice answer how are you doing with yours???i had a nice short walk today going to have a warm bath in a mo find baths help abit.i will lokk into the e books thank you for mentioning them to me and for making me so welcome warm thoughtsd from rosex

randolph

Post by randolph » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:47 am

Hello again, Rose

Soaking in some warm water sounds great ... always made my back (and the rest of me) feel pretty good.

My lower back problems surfaced 14 months ago: classic sciatica due to herniated disc L5-S1. Took me a month of searching, but found RYB Oct '05 and have been helped greatly by the info in Dean's books and keeping in touch with other back rebuilders in the forum. I was off work for 5 months, and since June '06 have been working successfully, and my back improves steadily.

What's goin' on with your back? And what treatments have you tried?

Randolph

rose

hi again

Post by rose » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:01 pm

well to cut along story short i fell over in the rain in august then 3 days later i got pins and needles in my leg and bum then on the following saturday i was in so much pain i was rushed to hospital and as i live on my own this was very scary. after spending the whole morning at the hospital they couldnt tell me what was wrong so sent me home where i fell on the floor unable to move arm or legs for 4 hours. you can wonder how scary that all was. since then ive had a couple of ex rays no mri scan, blood test but nothing showing i still dont know whats wrong, ive now been of work for 3 months which is bad as its there busy time now. so there you go thats me in a nut shell ,the bath was lovely by the way!!!! back to youx

randolph

Post by randolph » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:31 pm

Yes, Rose, falling on the floor and not being able to move for several hours sounds pretty scary. Can you get some second opinions from some other doctors on what's going on in your back?

Randolph

Maracuja

Re: hi again

Post by Maracuja » Sun May 13, 2007 3:34 pm

rose wrote:well to cut along story short i fell over in the rain in august then 3 days later i got pins and needles in my leg and bum then on the following saturday i was in so much pain i was rushed to hospital and as i live on my own this was very scary. after spending the whole morning at the hospital they couldnt tell me what was wrong so sent me home where i fell on the floor unable to move arm or legs for 4 hours. you can wonder how scary that all was. since then ive had a couple of ex rays no mri scan, blood test but nothing showing i still dont know whats wrong, ive now been of work for 3 months which is bad as its there busy time now. so there you go thats me in a nut shell ,the bath was lovely by the way!!!! back to youx
Hi, I'm new here also, and my username is also that of a flower (passion flower). Have you read Dr. Sarno's The Mindbody Prescription: Healing the Body, Healing the Pain? It's a wonderful book, but you need to read it as you would read a reference book. I totally believe what the man is saying. I do suffer from many ailments that I believe is psychologically induced. First it was arthritis. I started taking black currant oil capsules and it got better. Now it's skin problems. I have this huge spot near my left eye that won't go away. You see, I took care (I thought I did) of the arthritis, but my barin found another distraction. Now it's my skin.

If you have not read Dr. Sarno's book, I urge you to do so. It does help. I know I will take care of the skin problems if I use his advise, such as visualization, talking to my brain and so on.

Hope you are well.