Anyone cured by Chiropractic?

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.
John Baker

Anyone cured by Chiropractic?

Post by John Baker » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:27 am

Hi, I've been seeing a chiropractor for about a year now and he recommends another year of treatment. But, I'm not sure it's such a good idea. I am starting to have my doubts about the entire profession. They just seem to be out for money. So, does anyone have any opinions or comments about chiropractors? What have been your experiences? Anybody actually been healed by one?

John

Bill

Post by Bill » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:06 pm

Hi John, welcome to the group.

My recommendation is to dump the chiropractor as of yesterday. No progress in a year? How about no progress in 10 years! I too had a bad back and made the mistake of going to a chiropracter. He didn't do much except crack my back and cash my checks. You can do a lot better on your own. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Bill

Erika

Post by Erika » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:11 am

Hi John,

I agree with Bill. You should stop seeing the chiropractor.

Love,
Erika

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:14 am

Hi John,

I agree with Bill, Lose the chiro. Their whole scam is to try and set you up on monthly realignment visits. Give me a break. I suggest you read Dean's article; Don't I Need a Chiropractor, if that doesn't convince you nothing will.

Bottom line is rebuild your back... it's the only solution.

Paul

Becky C.

Post by Becky C. » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:12 pm

Hi John,

My chiropractor always used to tell me how he had patients who had serious illnesses disappear because of chiropractic care. Funny thing was I never met any of them. Personally, I had another internal problem and it never got any better at all. I finally got smart and went to a real doctor and got it taken care of.

Becky

MikeC

I have to disagree

Post by MikeC » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:46 pm

I have used a chiropractor on and off for 12 years. I think of him as a physical therapist that I use when I'm in pain. Usually I go 3 times a week for a couple of weeks and when I'm pain free, I stop going. I have tried not going when I have neck or lower back pain and while it may get better on its own in time, using the chiropractor really speeds up the process. My chiropractor is one of the good ones. He encourages you to "rebuild your back" offering exercises (especially stretching)and only occaisionally suggests that I should come in for "maintenance visits". It's your body that has to do the healing whether it's a disease or back pain. Doctors and Chiropractors can only help the process.

Bill

Post by Bill » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:22 pm

Hi Mike,

You wouldn't be a chiropractor would you? :)

Seriously, I'm sure there are some good chiropractors out there who are honest and actually trying to help people. What is interesting about your post and something you might want to think about is the fact that you still have to see him after 12 years of putting up with a bad back.

Personally, I think the point is not so much is the chiropractor a bad guy or not, but that maybe there's a better alternative. Doesn't it make more sense to REALLY rebuild your back and forget the back pain episodes all together? It was for me.

I do appreciate your opinion and your point of view.
Bill

chuckles

Post by chuckles » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:12 am

I've had chronic neck pain and stiffness for many years and was treated by a chiropractor for a few months. While I wasn't cured, I did experience significant pain and stiffness relief. However, the relief was shortlived. Sometimes, my symptoms would come back (though not at full blast) a few hours after chiro treatment.

Therefore, while chiropractic won't cure you, it can offer you amazing, short term pain relief.

For a long term solution, you have to do something else. I believe that exercise that targets the problem area is a chronic neck suffer's best shot at long term relief. Perhaps the book advertised on this website helps in that regard.

For myself, I quit chiropractic treatment because it got too expensive. With my chronic pain, I would have had to go in there every day to manage my pain. Instead, I devised my own exercise plan consisting of "rolling" my neck gently over small stretches of the problem area so as to get the muscles and joints moving. This results in the "cracking" that I used to get at the chiro's with the associated pain relief. I keep this up until the pain and stiffness are under control. Then I finish off with long, slow stretches of the entire neck (i.e. bending the neck towards one shoulder as far as it will go and holding this position for a minute or more).

Obviously, your mileage may vary, but the roll-then-extend exercise routine has helped me to control my neck pain over the years.

quackbuster

Post by quackbuster » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:26 pm

there are Chiro's out there that truly want to help others, but the majority that I've seen (I've seen a lot) are salesmen/women that went to chiropractic school.

yannick35

My wallet got a good cleaning

Post by yannick35 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:52 pm

You cant get cured by theses asshollles, most of the time your pain is caused by muscle imbalance, they dont know nothing about this.

1350$ in 2007 for adjustments, my pain still there.

Ask the chiro to send me elsewhere he sent me to is chiro friend that had a different technic and another fraud.

There is no telling how much damage both of theses idiots did to my spin and ligaments.

Right now i am on sport medecin and combined the amazing program rebuild your back with my pelvic exercises.

I cannot tell you how much i hate chiros

schuess

Post by schuess » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:26 am

My problem with chiros is that they don't have written protocols which lead anywhere, which physical therepists do have. The PT's have protocols and plans that they put together with medical doctors, which have an endpoint.

The Chiro video that they show new patients (which I had to watch) puts you in a category of spinal breakdown. They put me in phase 2, and the theory is that with chiro treatment you can slow the progression of your inevitable decline. Not very hopeful.

Schuess