Page 1 of 1

What doctor should I see?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:25 am
by Nancy
If you don't go to a chiropractor what is the right doctor to see? I have had back trouble for years and I've always gone to chiropractors?


PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:05 pm
by Steven
Hi Nancy,

Best place to start is your family doctor also known as a General Practitioner. He may refer you to an orthopedic surgeon or a neurologist, but only if it's necessary.


PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:03 am
by Richard
Hi Nancy,

Welcome to the group.

Steven is right, however, I think they used to be called general practitioners but now they prefer to be called family practitioners. I guess the term general was too vague so they changed it to something people could understand and identify with.


PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:41 am
by Mike
The family practitioner is your classic all around family doctor as opposed to a specialist who only treats one thing. The family practitioner is who you should see first for a minor back injury.


PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:16 am
by Bonnie Hoight
Define minor back injury?


PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:14 pm
by Mike
Any back injury that didn't require an ambulance ride to the emergency room. :)