Surgeons and Chiropractors

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.
redshoes

Post by redshoes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks for you replies. Dr Will--I don't consider surgery as an option. I am a ballroom dancer and the thought of having discs fused sounds like the end to me. I don't think I would ever move properly again. I will keep an open mind with regard to other treatments. I have done accupuncture for over a year and find it helpful tho results don't last too long. My insurance pays for part up to 20 treatments. I had closer to 50 last year. I have also done PT tho at the time I had not had the MRI so we didn't really know everything that was going on. At least one of the exercises my PT gave me is one of Dean's basic exercises. I have already been doing that for about a year. I did go to a myropractor who straightened my pelvis. He said it was higher on the right side and forward. With both the PT and the Myropractic I got pain relief and noticed I was sittine in a more balanced position. So it is a continuing journey to heal the back. I do find that rythmn dancing feels really good (rumba, cha cha and swing). These dances involve the exact same motion as Dean's shoulder shrug. Even when I had sciatica so bad it took me about 2 hours to stand up (as opposed to crawling on all fours), I found I could do these dances with NO pain! Right now I am doing really well just doing Dean's basic exercies. I go to see the doctor (physiogist ?sp) for the first time since sciatica started 6 weeks ago. It took that long to get an appointment. He does all types of treatment including spinal decompression, accupuncture and PT so it will be interestine to see what he recommends. I continue to research everything before proceeding with any treatment.

randolph

Post by randolph » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:56 am

Thanks for the respectful debate/discussion, DrWill and Dean. Thanks for being gentlemen, you two.

I would only add, that I think DrWill's analogy between the physiological damage behind some back problems, and a cavity in a tooth is not accurate. The body, apparently, does not repair cavities in teeth, so we need to go to the dentist; but there does seem to be a lot of evidence to indicate that the body heals disc abnormalities sometimes ... thus the accuracy and wisdom behind Dean's assertion that some back problems do not indicate a need for medical intervention.

Randolph

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:19 pm

I moved Dr. Will's response concerning tooth decay to the General Chat section because it was off-topic.

It can be viewed here:
Can Tooth Cavities Heal?

killercolt

Post by killercolt » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:13 pm

The reason medical doctor anti-chiropractor is because he feel helpless when a patient show up in his office with back pain. Yeah MD can give you med for acute pain, but that kind of patch work is what cause people to develop chronic spinal condition. MD solution to back pain is pain med, muscle relaxer, and rest. Pain med and muscle relaxer is okay, but rest not recommended. You have to around for the scar tissue to be align correctly and not to loose neuromuscular control. Many time, MD turn his patient into a drug addict.

If I get a dollar for every sorry PT out there, I will be a billionaire. Most PT are too lazy to do manipulation which can give patient instant result. PT like to use e-stim, heat, ice, and child-played exercises to treat spinal.
PT love to do long lever manipulation but that can cause sprain/strain injury if too much force is used. Because PT are not educated well in visceral physiology, they don't see the whole picture. Everything they learned in school goes straight into the trash can when they go into practice. If you want to waste money and time, there are many PT that will accomadate you. Generally, you crapy PT treatment play end after your 20 allowed vists end. What a waste of time because you can't not get full recovery within that time frame.

There are a lot of crapy chiropractors out there. Because insurance does not pay much for chiropractic treatments, you generally get crapy services. This happen a lot when you have crapy HMO or POS. This hold true with PT services too. Because spinal adjustment skill, not every chiropractor can do it right. Sorry chiropractor like to use handheld instruments and drop table(can be effective for sacrum and pelvis). Sorry chiropractor advertise low force. Spinal adjustment can be painful but it is the only way to free entraped meniscoid, break up scar tissue that entraped nerve fibers, break positive muscle reflex, and equalize synovial fluid in the facet joints.

The only time you should go to a surgeon is when you are suffering from progressive neurological deficit, stenosis, unstable spinal segments, nerve migration into the inner 1/3 of the disc, or disc tear.

Here is my advices if you have spinal pain:
-If the pain is severe, get some meds from your MD
-Get a chiropractor to check you out to see if your spine need to be manipulated/adjusted.
-If you need strengthening exercise, get a personal trainer with a degree in exercise physiology.

yannick35

Post by yannick35 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:35 pm

killercolt wrote:The reason medical doctor anti-chiropractor is because he feel helpless when a patient show up in his office with back pain. Yeah MD can give you med for acute pain, but that kind of patch work is what cause people to develop chronic spinal condition. MD solution to back pain is pain med, muscle relaxer, and rest. Pain med and muscle relaxer is okay, but rest not recommended. You have to around for the scar tissue to be align correctly and not to loose neuromuscular control. Many time, MD turn his patient into a drug addict.

If I get a dollar for every sorry PT out there, I will be a billionaire. Most PT are too lazy to do manipulation which can give patient instant result. PT like to use e-stim, heat, ice, and child-played exercises to treat spinal.
PT love to do long lever manipulation but that can cause sprain/strain injury if too much force is used. Because PT are not educated well in visceral physiology, they don't see the whole picture. Everything they learned in school goes straight into the trash can when they go into practice. If you want to waste money and time, there are many PT that will accomadate you. Generally, you crapy PT treatment play end after your 20 allowed vists end. What a waste of time because you can't not get full recovery within that time frame.

There are a lot of crapy chiropractors out there. Because insurance does not pay much for chiropractic treatments, you generally get crapy services. This happen a lot when you have crapy HMO or POS. This hold true with PT services too. Because spinal adjustment skill, not every chiropractor can do it right. Sorry chiropractor like to use handheld instruments and drop table(can be effective for sacrum and pelvis). Sorry chiropractor advertise low force. Spinal adjustment can be painful but it is the only way to free entraped meniscoid, break up scar tissue that entraped nerve fibers, break positive muscle reflex, and equalize synovial fluid in the facet joints.

The only time you should go to a surgeon is when you are suffering from progressive neurological deficit, stenosis, unstable spinal segments, nerve migration into the inner 1/3 of the disc, or disc tear.

Here is my advices if you have spinal pain:
-If the pain is severe, get some meds from your MD
-Get a chiropractor to check you out to see if your spine need to be manipulated/adjusted.
-If you need strengthening exercise, get a personal trainer with a degree in exercise physiology.
Its all the same chiroprators are all defensive has well when it comes to other technics.

I have seen 4 chiroprators and they where all incompetant, chiropratic is crap no matter how you see it, its just crap.

I have spent a year and a half going to see one chiroprator that never tough of looking into streching exercises, strenghtening the pelvic region.

They are also very defensive when it comes down to using the inversion table, the posture pump and the lumbar extender, no my adjustments will hold dont waiste you money.

Its all a big racket to make money, and get the hook in your so you need to go there for life.

I love my patience i have been treating this man for 15 years. Come get your adjustment its natural it will make you feel better. God my wallet feels good.

Manipulation alone relieves pain for a few days and thats it. Since the surrounding structure is weak the bone will unalign itself within a matter of hours after the adjustment, after this is done the evil chiro has you for life.

Sport clinic and sport medecin are against chiropratic because its always the same, they want to sign you in for life, make it look like they can really help you and when they cant they refer you to another chiropractor.
Of course they put on the big oscar winning acting.

(Well i really dont understand why its not working i guess you need more adjustments lets try 3 times per week for a month and see how it goes)

When someone has an injured ligaments, lax and weak muscles which are most of the time the cause of back pain the adjustments of the chiroprator are useless, they weaken the ligament even more and that makes the surroundings even weaker.

I just got my first prolotherapy session and the medical doctor told me that he regularly fixes what the chiro screws up.

You are in the wrong place buddy, this is anti chiro forum right here and no matter what you say and how much you want to help people or help your wallet for that matter people here got way to many crap about chiropartic and we hate them mofos with passion.

Best chiropratic reply i heard:

Why do i you still need to adjust my pelvic (Well because it needed to be adjusted thats all)

I am still in pain and see no results (No no on the x rays i see that there is changes)

Please refer me to somewhere else you cannot help me (I wont accept this i have been a chiroprator for over 30 years and i can help you)

I am going to sport medecin and will ask them if its ok for me to continue chiroprator or not (Dont come crawling back here in 6 months because sport medecin will do nothing for you)

I have seen the spine force machine (theses are all gadjets i went to a chiro conference and the stupid machine stopped working 3 times in 30 minutes)

Please i have been true your adjustments for a year now it says it clear on your flyer that if you cannot fix me you will send me elsewhere. (Ok Yannick has you asked i will send you elsewhere and i am sorry that i was not able to relieve you from your pain, your problem is the C7 vertebrae, i do not have the techic to ajust it but a good friend of mine that i went to school with does, i will send you to see him.)

After one year he tells me that my C7 was the problem and he couldnt fix me.

And your same lame answer about PT they use gadjets and more.

Well sport PT understand the concept of muscle pain and muscle weakness this is where chiro just dont.

A subluxation is causes by muscle weakness and ligament weakness if not the chiro adjustement would stay and people wouldnt have to be addicted and going twice a week.

I hate chiros they are the worst assholes on the planet they dont understand pain, and they dont want to give us our lives back.

They always have an ansewer when you are down and out, that is they trick isnt it.

And they surely dont like people who question chiropratic.

Chiros are like the worst virus ever and are spreading there is one every corner street like an epidemique.

Yeah i really which medical doctors would bind togheter and banned all the chiro clinics worthless crap.

Crawl back from under the dirty stinking rock your came from you scum bag killercolt you would have more pride in working has a sell clerk that would be a lot better then strewing poor people with your adjustments.

BTW read the RYB book there is a huge section on chiropratic and how worthless it is in every kind of way possible and how it will never fix your back and is garanteed to make it worst.