Page 1 of 1

Back Problem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:29 am
by DG
I went to a chiropractor, when he pushed on my lower back to adjust it, the chair "dropped out", and my back was over extended. I have felt a stretched feeling in a spot on my lower back ever since. I sit straight, and feel a small bulging area.

Do you think this is a serious thing, and can this be treated?

I asked him when I went back to him, but he said that it was not a

I also went to another chiropractor, one who uses an activator, and he
said he wanted to watch the area, and believed it was either a slipped or herniated disk.....I went back to him again, and asked him how it felt that time, and he denied ever saying anything in the first place, and that I must have misunderstood him!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:16 pm
by randolph
So very glad you've found this website. Please read Dean's articles on chiropractic "care". I think you'll find some rather overwhelming evidence that the front doors of chiropractor offices should have a big WARNING sign on them, warning all who enter that they could likely be injured, even severely, by submitting to chiro manipulations. I am still healing from the chiro's "care" I received 5 weeks ago. You'll probably receive some more chiro horror stories in response to your post. If you feel the need for medical advice, please start with a real doctor, like a family physician. But if you'd like to investigate cheaper alternatives, look for something else besides chiropractric care.
Thankfully, something else is right here at this website. Lots of folks out there and reading this forum have successfully rebuilt their backs using Dean's knowledge offerred in his 3, downloadable books. And they know a lot more than I do because I'm still healing/rebuilding and they've successfully used the program to come out of their injury stronger than they were before they were injured.
Sounds like you may very likely be among the 90% with back problems who can be healed and rebuild their backs without medical intervention. Please spend a few hours looking over the info in Dean's books, on the website, and in the forum.
Good luck! Randolph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:11 pm
by Michelle
Hi DG,

Welcome to the group.

I've known several people who have been injured by chiropractors. One woman I know had to have surgery because of too many chiropractic adjustments.

If you're like me, you don't like to go to doctors, but you should probably have that bulge looked at. Just not by a chiropractor.

I hope you get to feeling better.


PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:36 pm
by Bill
Okay, I'll play Devil's advocate...

In all fairness, DG your injury sounds like an innocent accident. Not something that was the fault of chiropractic per se. Which I realize is neither here nor there.

Just don't want to blame the first chiropractor for something that could have happened to anyone. I'm sure he felt badly about it at the time and is hoping that it will heal.

It is probably not serious, but I agree with Michelle that you should have the bulge looked at by a real doctor just to be sure.

Once you know what it is, I'm sure there is a way to treat it.