Just shoot me!

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain
neal

Just shoot me!

Post by neal » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 pm

I can't take the pain anymore. I'm a 51 year old active man, ran 2 marathons, play golf and racket ball. Feb 20th after walking on treadmill, the pain in hip started. MRI showed l4l5 disc rupture. I read everything I could about the problem. Even bought a Nubax spine decompression machine. Dr. suggested epidural shot which I did. Still had pain but took the edge off numbness and helped drop foot. Only lasted 5 weeks now pain is back worse than before. I downloaded book and have been doing exercises. Sitting is impossible, along with sexual relations with my very understanding and supportive wife. My plan is to get another shot tomorrow then start physical therapy at drs. office Monday. I'm trying to stay positive by reading this forum, so any help is appreciated. This is ruining my wonderful life!!

johnnyballgame13

Re: Just shoot me!

Post by johnnyballgame13 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:00 pm

neal wrote:I can't take the pain anymore. I'm a 51 year old active man, ran 2 marathons, play golf and racket ball. Feb 20th after walking on treadmill, the pain in hip started. MRI showed l4l5 disc rupture. I read everything I could about the problem. Even bought a Nubax spine decompression machine. Dr. suggested epidural shot which I did. Still had pain but took the edge off numbness and helped drop foot. Only lasted 5 weeks now pain is back worse than before. I downloaded book and have been doing exercises. Sitting is impossible, along with sexual relations with my very understanding and supportive wife. My plan is to get another shot tomorrow then start physical therapy at drs. office Monday. I'm trying to stay positive by reading this forum, so any help is appreciated. This is ruining my wonderful life!!
Hey, I've been thinking of purchasing a Nubax Trio Decompression machine. How has yours worked out? Has anyone else used it?

Thanks

neal

Post by neal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 pm

The Nubax worked the way it was designed. It was easy to use and set up however I didn't use it very often. You can feel the pull on your spine and I could only take it for 2-3 mins at a time. My therapist incorporated traction in my session so I guess it was beneficial. Now I think I'm going to sell it !! My pain has gone away!!