anyone have sinus probs?

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain
bexlent

anyone have sinus probs?

Post by bexlent » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:17 pm

the issue is i cant say for sure it was due to chiorpractic, go figure?!
it started about 2-3 months after i started getting adjustments. here i am now 8 months later still dealing with sinus pressure/pain. never sinus infections, but inflammation. has been coming and going for months. my md keeps reccomending decongestants and rhinocort. the pressure is ususally the right side of my face to the area above adn in front of my right ear.
SO IRRITATING!!!!
never had sinus issues like this ever in my life. so i can maybe blame chiro, but not for sure. any ideas or advice?

Spido

Re: anyone have sinus probs?

Post by Spido » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:47 am

Here's a slightly "far-out" idea:
Sometimes a change in your postural head tilt (either laterally of front/back) can cause normal simus drainage disturbances. Also,
have you bought a new pillow lately with a change in height?

Spido

JEC

Post by JEC » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:23 pm

I've got sinus problems too, although I'm sure it has nothing to do with chiropractic.

It's a little off topic, but you might consider trying neilmed to rinse your sinuses out, if you doc says it's ok. I use it once daily, in the morning and it seems to clean out a lot of junk. My sinuses are pretty much clear for the rest of the day afterwards.

I've quit using flonase and antihistamines since rinsing seems to work just as well.

PS I know some people use tap water, but I always boil the water first and keep it in the enclosed tea kettle at room temp.

bexlent

Post by bexlent » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:21 pm

i went to an ENT and he gave me the nasal rinse stuff. i tried it a couple times, but felt A LOT of pressure afterwards and some "off-balance" feeling. not even sure if that's normal. so i haven't used it since. also, i can use it better in one side than the other, is that normal?

as far as the chior adjustments affecting sinus drainage, i suppose that is up to "science". i was one who went to a chiro who did adjust the cervicle neck. changing the angle of the c1 and all that. so could that adjusment of my neck affect the head tilt mentioned in the post above?
cuz before i went to the chiro i NEVER has these kind of issues. my nose used to run just fine. now my nose hardly runs, but now i get A LOT of irritating post-nasal drip stuff. no fun at all.