Hi

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain
symonds

Hi

Post by symonds » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:36 am

Hi i am new comer to this site. I am very happy to join this site. I gathered lot of information from this site.

randolph 2

Post by randolph 2 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi Symonds

Welcome! Happy info hunting!!

How are you using the info you're gathering? Looking for help to treat yourself or another? Seems like the vast majority of us got here with, at minimum, a mild dissatisfaction with the popular and/or expensive treatments available for some kind of back-related pain.

Randolph

krd

Hey Randolph 2

Post by krd » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:25 am

Hi Randolph

I hope that all is well with you. I, unfortunately, have re-injured my back. Not as bad as previous incidents, but bothers me most of the day. I am in the middle of rehab again. Hopefully this one doesn't last as long as the prior event. I know that I am stronger than before so that should serve me well in this battle.

Hope to be reporting back soon with good news. Take care.

KRD

randolph 2

Post by randolph 2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 am

Gosh, Ken, sorry to read the bad news about your relapse. Ouch! Just catchin' this goin out the door, on my way back into the big truck for another month on the road. Think I have your phone# in the truck, so I'll call soon. Randolph

TBone

Post by TBone » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:10 am

Hi krd,

Sorry to hear that you have relapsed. Once you got better from RYB, did you continue doing the RYB exercises? Just curious, because that is how I relapsed back in 2007...I stopped my PT routine in favor of running and lifting and competitive sports.

krd

Relapse

Post by krd » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:17 am

Hey tbone

I was not as active doing my rehab. I had a very active month prior to the injury. I moved someone into a new house moved someone out of a house and moved my office. I then went to see my son in Spain And climbed a small mountain. I just over acheived. I am ready to start rehab soon I hope.

TBone

Post by TBone » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:21 am

Hey krd,

I can relate. After I got better, around May of 2003, I was like a guy released from prison. I wanted to do everything. Unfortunately I stopped my rehab exercises in favor of lifting and running. I had a good 4 years of only minor episodes until July 2007.

One specific block of time comes to mind and certainly reinforces the importance of stretching. In Spring of 2004, I wanted to try and become a scratch golfer. I found a great book on stretching for golf called "Golf Flex". That Spring, Summer, and Fall, all I did was stretch religiously once a day. During that period of time, I played some of the best golf of my life. I was getting a good 10-15 more yards on my drives. I was also feeling great.

For some reason, I decided to go away from the stretching routine and get more muscle bound. I ditched the stretching routine. A couple of years later, my back gave out and I have been unable to play anything since July of 2007.

This time around, I won't be making that mistake.

randolph 2

Post by randolph 2 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:00 am

Hello again Ken

The lifting and twisting movements associated with activities like "helping someone move", as you know much better now, demand resting more in between individual boxes/furniture than we think we have time for. I fill and unfilled a 24' rental van during my family move in Nov '07 (with 5K miles driving and a week at Disneyworld, in between) ... and it was a bit too much activity for me in those 24 intense days. Now know to give myself more time, even if it costs a bit more to rent the van for a few extra days, or let the younger bucks do more of the work ... sure would beat the week relapse that began (thankfully after the move was complete) with just being able to barely get in and out of the car, and groaning thru a few minutes of RYB stretches. Thankfully, I was running full tilt again within a month ... and hopefully you'll bounce back soon, too, Ken. Please keep us posted.

Randolph