Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.


Postby mikehare1 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:52 pm

I recently suffered a small spasm type of feeling running along the side of the base of my spine. This happened after I was stretching - I was stretching two to five times daily prior to this happening. I did my supine hamstring stretches and the alternating cross-legged twists and upon getting up slowly and begingins to stabilize and stand erect my low bakc stiffened pretty dramaticaly. Not really the intense pai like a full erector muscle spasm - but deffinetly a back spasm and a sign I had injured something. I know the difference between soreness and muscle spasm type pain as well as the diff. between structural/nerve pain vs. muscle related pain. This is definitley muscular. How long should I wait before stretching again - i mean even a slight hamstring stretch triggers a re-spasm of this area and i dont know how to healit enough to get it back to a workable state. I left it for three weeks last time and then tried to ease into some stretching adn the first stretching session back it went into spasm again - any suggestions?
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:44 pm


Postby Kevin » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:28 am

Everyone is different and hams take a long time. I had a roto-cuff or somthing in my shoulder which caused be great pain to throw or hit a baseball, and which took ,I am guessing, over a year. But I tried not to over work it and began to stretch my shoulder and now it is gone. So, be patient and good luck.

Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:08 am
Location: none

Return to Lower Back Pain

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Home   |   About   |   Articles   |   Books   |   Donations   |   Resources

Contact Information:
400 S. 10th Avenue
Ozark, Missouri 65721


© Copyright 2003, 2013 RebuildYourBack.com

The information in RebuildYourBack.com is not intended as a substitute for medical professional help or advice but is to be used only as an aid in understanding back and neck pain. A physician should always be consulted for any health problem. RebuildYourBack.com provides links to other organizations as a service to our readers and is not responsible for the information, services, or products provided by these web sites, health professionals, or companies. See Terms and Conditions.