Favorite Kids'/Family Movies

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

Favorite Kids'/Family Movies

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:58 am

Just saw "Akeelah and the Bee", a wonderfully inspiring, wonderfully acted, very well-done, story of a 11 year old girl who overcomes great odds to win the National Spelling Bee. A feel-good story ... but not groaningly corny with one-dimensional characters, like for instance, the Stuart Little stories. Real people with real flaws who battle to do the right thing in spite of those flaws. And also none of those filthy, double entendre sex jokes that prompt "what does THAT (oral sex, e.g.) mean" questions from the kids.

Anybody else got some favorites in this genre?

Randolph

Baseball/Reconciliation Movies

Postby randolph » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:06 am

Just saw "Field of Dreams" with Kevin Costner. Great b-ball movie and great for those of us who grew up with dysfunctional relationships with our dads (did anyone besides Tiger Woods have a functional relationship?). I really love a story about reconciliation ... whether or not it's actually possible. This story, which includes a lot of wonderful back stories, centers on the evolution of one man's reconciliation with his dead father. My wife and I enjoyed this together ... and talked for WAY longer into the night than we should have, about our dads ... a wonderful evening ... and morning.

Anybody else have favorite baseball movies, and/or movies that sparked wonderful, healing conversations with loved ones?

Randolph
randolph

Postby samchn07 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:36 am

I have watched many Kids movies. Some movies are so especial to me.
Toy stories
Home alone
Alien Movies for Tweens and Teens
These movies are so awesome.,.,,.,.,,
samchn07

Re: Favorite Kids'/Family Movies

Postby rambof07 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:44 am

Anonymous wrote:Just saw "Akeelah and the Bee", a wonderfully inspiring, wonderfully acted, very well-done, story of a 11 year old girl who overcomes great odds to win the National Spelling Bee. A feel-good story ... but not groaningly corny with one-dimensional characters, like for instance, the Stuart Little stories. Real people with real flaws who battle to do the right thing in spite of those flaws. And also none of those filthy, double entendre sex jokes that prompt "what does THAT (oral sex, e.g.) mean" questions from the kids.

Anybody else got some favorites in this genre?

Randolph

YA, you saying right exactly with me or i observed.
rambof07

Postby rambof07 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:39 pm

Watching movies is a great fun. Watching online movies these days is very common. There you can find movies of all genres such as horror movies, crime movies, comedy movies etc. my favourite family movies are:
My Neighbour Totoro
How to Train Your Dragon
Finding Nemo
The Muppets
The Cameraman
Children of Heaven
Castle in the Sky
The Princess Bride
Ratatouille
rambof07

Return to General Health Topics