anterior thigh pain

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

anterior thigh pain

Postby mikez » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 pm

I have been having low left side back pain , sacro illiac area, and ANTERIOR LEFT THIGH PAIN. no tingling just deep muscle pain for several years , getting worse.I have self diagnosed one possibility as femoral neuropathy, possible etiology being a fall several years ago. Otherwise very healthy, athletic life style.
Episodes come and go about 5 times a week some times, to several weeks asymptomatic. NSAIDS help ,, driving exacerbates it.
Would the exercises help at all ??
thanks in advance
mikez

Re: anterior thigh pain

Postby Jeanette » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:40 pm

Mike -- Your self-diagnosis may be on the mark, but if the pain's getting worse, it's probably worth a trip to your GP -- just to rule out anything else. If you're due -- or overdue? -- for a physical, make an appointment and mention it then. And tell your doctor that you have an exercise program you'd like to start doing to strengthen and rebuild your back. Share Dean's book with him/her -- I think you'll find it's worth downloading if you haven't already.

As to whether the exercises will help, start with the basics and see how you do. If you've read a sampling of the other posts on this site, you know that a number of people with similar symptoms have found them helpful, including me.

Good luck. Keep us posted.
Jeanette

Postby Mitch » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:53 pm

Hi Mike,

I agree with Jeanette. See a doctor like Dean says to rule out anything serious and then try the rebuilding exercises. I've recommended this site to several of my friends and every one of them has been extremely happy with their results.

Good luck,
Mitch
Mitch

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain