sore neck

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain

sore neck

Postby mjh » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:44 pm

Every morning I wake up with a sore neck. Over the years I've cracked it alot and it's increasingly hurting. My posture is terrible, I've tried a bunch of exercises but it's still sore all the time. Anyone have any advice for me. Does the type of mattress a person sleeps on make a big difference? Is it good to sleep on the floor. What stretches will help me strengthen my back, get better posture and help me stop leaning me head forward?
Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
mjh

Postby Trina » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:50 am

Hi mjh,

You've come to the right place. I suggest reading all of the articles on this website if you haven't already. Then getting the Rebuild Your Neck book. It contains all of the exercises you need to be doing.

The type of bed you sleep on won't make that much difference as long as you get adequate neck and back support. If you sleep with your neck at an odd angle you're going to wake up with pain. I've heard that the special neck pillows don't do much. Any good comfortable pillow that allows you to sleep with good neck posture is all you need.

Hope this helps,
Trina
Trina

Return to Upper Back and Neck Pain