Progress Report (after only 3 days)!!! Amazing!!!

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Progress Report (after only 3 days)!!! Amazing!!!

Postby Brad S » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:10 pm

First of all, thanks to Steven, Randolph, and krd for your responses and making me feel welcome to the group. I made my first post ("Determined and Excited") only 3 days ago, before I started the program. 3 days ago I was in pain (left leg and back) much like I have been for the past 7 years of my life (off and on). If you'll recall from my first post, these past 2 months have been particularly painful. Today, as I sit here and type this, I feel ZERO pain! Since Monday I have been doing the stretches for about 30 minutes in the morning and then at random throughout the day. I've changed my posture and even bought a new computer chair to help correct it (I work from home on the computer and sit for about 6 hours a day). Today I woke up and had my normal leg pain, but it went away much quicker than normal. After moving around for about 10 minutes it was gone. Normally it may take an hour or so for the pain to just dull, and then it may go away or it may not. I have mixed feelings of extreme joy, but also anger towards myself and regret for not educating myself on this earlier and thinking that it was either surgery or just live with it. My life could've been so much more enjoyable over the past 7 years if I had realized back then that I can beat this on my own. I just never knew that was an option. Dean, as KRD has put it many times, you, your site and books truely are "God sent". Please take a minute and acknowledge that because of you I am on the path to erasing something that has been the darkest part of my life over the past 7 years, and that because of you I now have faith that I can live the rest of my life without sciatica and back pain always weighing me down.

And to the other members, I do realize how fortunate I am to be showing this much progress already. Part of it may be that I am still young and also that my initial injury was so many years ago. That doesn't change the fact that at times I have felt as hopeless and frustrated as I'm sure you all have. If you can take anything from this, just know that significant progress is very possible through this program (if you were having any doubts). I'm only in the initial stretching phase and have already come this far. I can't imagine how good I'll feel a month or two from now. I can't really remember what it feels like to be normal, but thanks to Dean, today I'm starting to be able to recall that feeling. God bless you!!!
Brad S

Postby Sherry » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:01 pm

Glad that you're making such a quick recovery. I think all of us share your opinion about what a find this website is. I know I searched a long time before I found it and I thank God everyday that I did. Keep us posted on your progress.

Sherry
Sherry

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain