Subluxation

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain

Subluxation

Postby Ed » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I know how you guys feel about chiropractors so don't jump on my case. But my chiropractor told me my neck pain was the result of a subluxation in the C5 vertebrae. I was in a rear end collision about 3 months ago and ever since my neck has been killing me.

My question is can rebuilding my neck correct something like that?

Ed
Ed

Postby Carl » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:49 pm

Hi Ed,

Boy, hard to let that chiropractor thing go by, but I'll try.

First off, there is no such thing as a "subluxation." This is a word that a certain group of quasi-medical profesionals (who shall remain nameless) made up in order to frighten people. They universally diagnose every patient they see as having one or more subluxations.

I'm surprised that your "practitioner" didn't tell you that you had several.

As far as rebuilding your neck is concerned, imho it's the only real option you have.

Carl
Carl

Postby Michelle » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:39 pm

Carl, I think you showed admirable restraint.

Ed, to answer your question there are only two ways to treat your neck pain problem: Rebuild your neck or surgery. And surgery is only for when you have no other alternative. I would strongly recommend that you see a real doctor about your neck before you do anything else. And as long as the doctor doesn't tell you not to start a rehabilitation program I would recommend that you get started as soon as possible. The longer you wait the longer it will take for your neck to recover.

Be good to yourself,
Michelle
Michelle

Postby Big Dave » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:19 pm

Hi guys,

And don't forget surgery still requires a great deal of rehabilitation.

Big Dave
Big Dave

Postby Dean » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:44 am

Good answers guys,

I do believe this forum is going to be a great asset for everybody. Hang in there, Ed.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Postby Ed » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:18 pm

Actually Carl you're right, my chiropractor did say I had several subluxations. One in my middle back and one in my lower back as well as the one in my neck. He adjusts everything even though it's just my neck that I'm having trouble with.

It's been three months and my neck isn't getting better and that's why I'm looking for answers. I wasn't going to go back again even before I found this website. Now I'm sure of it. I wish I'd known all this sooner.

Thanks for your help,

Ed
Ed

Postby John » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:37 am

I think there is some confusion about whether or not there is such a thing as a subluxation.

I've looked in several large dictionaries and I have yet to find the word listed. It seems to be one of those words that has no real meaning and yet gets bandied about all the time.

John
John

Postby Big Dave » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:29 am

I agree with Carl, I don't think it's a real condition.

Big Dave
Big Dave

Return to Upper Back and Neck Pain