neck pain caused by chiro?

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

neck pain caused by chiro?

Postby rachaelizabeth » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:09 pm

Hi! I'm 24 years old and have been suffering from back pain for 2 years now. I also get pain behind my right eye, infact everything is right sided. I went to see a chiro about it and they said my neck was causing the problem so they cracked it and it instantly started to hurt. Now I've had neck pain along with everything else for 9 months. An MRI showed bulging at c3 c4 and it feels like it lifts and moves when i move my neck, it constantly cracks on its own and feels weird when i lay on my right side. I have also started to get numbness in my right arm and fingers off and on. Did the chiro cause this bulging disc and will i ever heal? Any thoughts? I worked on computers when my back started hurting and do not any longer but pain is controlling my life and I had to move back home b/c of it.
rachaelizabeth

Postby Jason » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:24 am

Hi Rachel,

I've heard dozens of stories about people injured by chiropractors. It's probably the number one reason I keep coming back to this forum to try and warn people to stay away.

As far as the pain behind your eye, you need to see a real doctor about that. Chiropractors are not qualified to diagnose medical conditions and it was very unethical for your chiro to mislead you into thinking he could actually treat your condition.

Jason
Jason

Postby Steven » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:21 pm

I agree with Jason and just want to add that, no, the chiropractor didn't cause the bulging disc. They take years to develop and so it was a pre-existing condition before you had chiropractic treatment.

It sounds like the chiro did injure your neck, however. The good news is it will probably heal and with proper treatment you can most likely make a full recover.

I hope you get to feeling better soon,
Steven
Steven

Return to General Health Topics