Can't get past PayPal page

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

Can't get past PayPal page

Postby coffevn » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:44 am

I'm trying to buy the book "Build Your Back" but PayPal keeps saying for me to add my credit card. I have done this and don't understand the problem. Can anyone help me?
coffevn

re. Paypal problem

Postby Admin » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:45 pm

Hi Coffevn,

The only problem that I'm aware of with PayPal is for users of browsers like Netscape and Firefox... if they're not set to display the page like Internet Explorer then PayPal won't send them directly to my donations page. Instead they go to Paypal's home page... which isn't good.

The fix is to use I.E. or to set your browser to act like Internet Explorer:

Click "View"
Click "Rendering engine"
Then select "Display Page like Internet Explorer"

However, I don't think that is your problem.

It sounds like you're either not entering your card information correctly or PayPal just doesn't like your card for some reason. Both should generate an error message explaining the problem. (Which I would be interested to know since it would make it easier to diagnose where the problem lies.)

Try contacting PayPal customer support. They're a little slow to respond, but usually very helpful... Or, you could try using an eCheck from your checking account. (Still thru PayPal... still has total buyer protection same as a credit card.)

I'd be curious to know what happens if you just go to PayPal and try to open an account? (It's free ... No deposit is required.) If they reject your card then it would tell us something more than we know now.

Sorry for the hassle.

I use PayPal in order to keep things simple ... but, once in a while things don't always go as planned. So far, no one else has mentioned not being able to enter their card information. So I think it's just an isolated incident.

(I'm assuming that you're the same person who's wife called me the other day and tried to explain a similar problem, but since she wasn't the one who actually had the problem we were unable to even begin trying to figure out what went wrong. If that's not the case, then there have been two people - that I know of - who have had a problem with PayPal.

I'd really like to know if anyone else is having problems making a donation through PayPal.

Anyone?

And, Coffevn, if you discover the solution, be sure and let me know so I can pass it on to others... or figure out a fix.

I'm going to try and look into this, and again, I apologize for the inconvenience. I really appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Dean
Admin
Site Admin

update

Postby Admin » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:26 pm

Problem resolved. Turned out to be an expired credit card.

Coffevn was able to renew card and that solved PayPal problem.

If anyone else has problems, be sure and let me know either here or via the email address that donations are made to.

Also, I'll soon have an encrypted email address up on the site, as well, which is essentially webmaster (at) rebuildyourback (dot) com.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,
Dean

ps. I use SpamAssasin which does a pretty good job of filtering out the spam, but it is possible that it could kill your email. So if you don't hear back from me, try again.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Health Topics