Back Revolution--a good thing?

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Back Revolution--a good thing?

Postby Ollie3 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:07 am

I ran across an inversion-type machine called the Back Revolution. It's listed in the back of the Andersen book Stretching. It lets you flip forward into a knees-bent hanging position. It runs about $400--there are variations available for less. Can this, or any other inversion method help with decompression and be beneficial?
TIA,
--Ollie
Ollie3

Inversion

Postby krd » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:14 am

Hey Ollie3

I have recently purchased the Teeter Hangup for inversion. I have sciatica and thought that it would help with decompression. I feel that it helps me some, but I don't notice an appreciable difference yet. I try to use it at least once a day for approximately 20 minutes at a time. I should probably use it 2 to 3 times a day. It is up to you. I like inversion, but it is tough to stick to when the results are slow to come. I will "hang" in there though. I don't have much choice. Good luck with your back.
krd

Postby John » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:22 pm

Hi Ollie,

Welcome to the group.

Some people like the inversion products and some don't. I've never heard anyone say they ever got any lasting results from using "back swings" and things of that nature.

John
John

Back Revolution et al.

Postby Ollie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:43 pm

Thanks for the replies. You've given me the answer that I pretty much expected--there are no instant fixes. I'd injured my back several years ago and thru physical therapy, and using many of the RYB exercises and stretches, I regained full use of my lower left leg. Now, I've injured my back again, probably swimming believe it or not, and I'm pretty much in for the same extended grind again--no silver bullets such as Back Revolution/inversion. At least I know first hand that all these stretches and such do work. It just takes a while...
Thanks again, and thanks for welcoming me to your group.

--Ollie
Ollie

Return to Lower Back Pain