Hip and leg pain

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Hip and leg pain

Postby pk1959 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:27 pm

Hi all
I'm new to this site and just started the exercises from the book. I have had a burning pain in my hip and numbness down my left leg for about 18 months. I'm wondering how long I should do the exercises in part 1 before I move on. Or do I stay with those until the pain is gone completly and then move on? I am so glad I found this site because I had started looking into the decompression rip off and had thought about seeing a :twisted: chiropractor. Thanks for the help. Phil
pk1959

Postby Trina » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:58 am

Hi Phil,

Generally speaking you should stick with the basic exercises until you're well past the pain. Like two to four weeks after the pain stops. But this is not a hard and fast rule. Everyone's situation is different.

It's a good idea to read through the advanced exercises because some of them are also very low impact and can be worked into your basic sessions as long as they don't cause you pain.

It hard to tell someone exactly what to do. You just have to go slow and experiment a little with the exercises and see what works for you. If you're just getting started, then be patient. I'd say give the basics time to work before deciding you need to add anything.

Hope that helps,
Trina
Trina

possible disc problem

Postby katandmouse » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:06 pm

Phil,
I don't want to scare you, but I too have hip and leg pain, tingling and numbness. Before it got to my leg, my chiropracter wrote off the hip pain as athritis. Actually, the pain was more in my buttocks (but I called it hip which I think misled everyone). I finally had an MRI after I went to a physiatrist and it showed a herniated disc. You could be looking at a disc problem here, possibly just bulging, which definitely calls for back strengthening exercises. You might also want to see a physician. I was lucky to find Dr. Saal of the S.O.A.R. Clinic in Redwood City, CA. He pioneered the treatment of herniated discs non-surgically. Or you may find that strengthening the back can be all that you need. Actually, that is what Dr. Saal prescribes and it works 90% of the time.
katandmouse

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain