sciatica and leg pain

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

sciatica and leg pain

Postby psteinkopf » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:27 am

:( I am new to this forum, I have a long history of back problems with two surgeries in the past on the Lumbar spineL4,L5,S1. Recently about 8-9 weeks ago, I fell and injured my left hamstring muscle and also landed hard on my right buttock causing this to flare up,not responding to medication, ice heat etc. the buttock pain, sciatica and leg pain continued with some numbness and tingling in my toes when sitting or laying down.
I was given a round of oral steroids without improvement. I am due to see my doctor on Friday, a week from today. I don't know what he will suggest then. In the past I have had steroid injections, physical therapy, plus the two surgeries. The oral medications have made me sick and I have cut them out. I went back to work and I am having a very hard time with this, having to be on my feet most of the time. Is the book, Rebuild your back on sell at most book stores? I am in my sixties, but not ready to retire yet, age wise. If I want my full retirement, I have about two more years to go. Have you used the book and is there anyone who is better. Do you recommend physical therapy? Anyone. I am starting to get very down about this, not functioning well. Please reply.
psteinkopf

Postby Dean » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:48 am

Hi,

The book is currently only available from this website. I give it out as a thank you gift for people who donate to support the site. It's an ebook so you can download it immediately. Check my donations page for the details.

As far as your results are concerned, your age should not be a problem. What concerns me is the two lumbar surgeries... you don't mention how extensive they were. They will probably be the limiting factor. As long as the surgery didn't do too much damage, you should still be able to rebuild your back. In any event, all you can do is try.

Hope that answers your questions,
Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Re: sciatica and leg pain

Postby mikel4l5 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:13 am

psteinkopf wrote::( I am new to this forum, I have a long history of back problems with two surgeries in the past on the Lumbar spineL4,L5,S1. Recently about 8-9 weeks ago, I fell and injured my left hamstring muscle and also landed hard on my right buttock causing this to flare up,not responding to medication, ice heat etc. the buttock pain, sciatica and leg pain continued with some numbness and tingling in my toes when sitting or laying down.
I was given a round of oral steroids without improvement. I am due to see my doctor on Friday, a week from today. I don't know what he will suggest then. In the past I have had steroid injections, physical therapy, plus the two surgeries. The oral medications have made me sick and I have cut them out. I went back to work and I am having a very hard time with this, having to be on my feet most of the time. Is the book, Rebuild your back on sell at most book stores? I am in my sixties, but not ready to retire yet, age wise. If I want my full retirement, I have about two more years to go. Have you used the book and is there anyone who is better. Do you recommend physical therapy? Anyone. I am starting to get very down about this, not functioning well. Please reply.
mikel4l5

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain