Inversion

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

Inversion

Postby krd » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:02 am

Hey Dean... Great site, I visit it almost daily to see what's new. Any imput on iversion tables and there upside for decompressing the back. I would be interested since I bought a table and I use it occasionally. I don't know if it is helping at this point. Let me know what you think. Also, I have purchased your book and I am doing the stretches. Soon to start on the strengthening exercises. Thanks for everything.
krd

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:23 am

Hi krd,

I have mixed feelings about inverison devices. The feedback that I've gotten from people over the past two years or so has been very similar to yours. Most people can't tell if they do anything at all. Most are disappointed in them.

I think you need to decompress your spine regularly throughout the day and the only way to do that efficiently is with the various exercises. (Can't exactly drag an inversion table around with you all day.)

If I thought there was a device that was worth getting, I would recommend it either in the book or here on the site. And I don't. I have yet to find a device that I can definately say would ADD anything to your reconditioning program.

My personal opinion is that you don't NEED anything in order to keep your back healthy other than the exercises... so I don't advocate that anyone go out and spend a lot of money on equipment.

That doesn't mean some device or piece of exercise equipment couldn't come in handy... I have a weight lifting machine and an exercise bike that I use all the time... but they aren't necessary for rebuilding your back.

Bottom line is: If you like the inversion table then by all means use it. But I don't think anyone should go out and buy one.

Glad you like the site and I hope you'll keep us posted on your progress.

Dean

Return to General Health Topics