Lower back pain w/ sciatica

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Lower back pain w/ sciatica

Postby newmanw10 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 am

Hello. Here is a little of my story. I am 31 years old and about five years ago I started having low back pain with sciatica down my left leg into my foot. MRI showed that I had a bulge at L5 S1. Took meds, did PT, neither helped. Tried two sets of epidural injections @ the L5 S1 location and they did not help any either. Doctor then recommended shaving down the bulging disc. Needless to say I ran out of there as fast as I could. Probably the best decision I have ever made (at least I think so, but I still have horrible pain) .

I have tried pilates, acupuncture, PT exercises, diet, inversion, nothing is working!!!!!!!

I am starting to give up mentally, but I know that is not a good idea because depression could make my pain worse.

I guess what I want to know is can Rebuild Your Back really help me? How is this book and is back related exercises different than the other 50 PT books I have read? Any success stories out there who had chronic back pain. I.E. anyone else have pain for 5 years and try everything but this book helped?

I am skeptical because the back pain industry is huge and many people are just out there to make money. If the book really does help why not post it then ask for donations from the people that it really helped? (just an idea :D ). I guarantee that if the book helped my back I would donate much, much more than $20.

Thanks for any advice. Its always uplifting to hear if other people with chronic back pain have found a solution. I only hope that someday I can be the person that says "I used to have back pain".
newmanw10

Postby TBone » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 am

You could try the X-Pain Method. I have a friend who swears by it. He was in chronic pain for a good (or a bad) 2 years. In about 2 months of using the techniques, I've seen a huge positive change in him. He's on his way back and then some. He's showed me a couple of the techniques...some are standard stretching, but others are very different like the pelvic balancing where he lies down on rolled up towels positioned to correct his right forward pelvic tilt (This is where the right pelvis dips forward toward the ground and the left pelvis tilts the other way). According to the inventor, this is the most likely reason for chronic and recurring back pain...the pelvic tilt. But he also says that most practitioners only cover a backwards or forwards tilt when these 2 are uncommon. Usually, a person has either a left forward tilt or a right forward tilt.

I am curious enough about this program that I've been thinking about trying it myself...I seem to have plateaued with Rebuild. I can't get the pain out of my left sacroiliac. I'm doing a heck of a lot better than before, but I want to return to playing sports. I'm giving Rebuild another month before I jump ship to the X-Pain Method.

Good luck and don't give up.
TBone

Hey TBone, question?

Postby renob99 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 am

I know you posted this over a year ago, but did you ever get the left sacroiliac pain resolved? That seems to be my biggest problem. I just started the Build Your Back method two days ago, so maybe I'm jumping the gun. Just wondering what you've done.

Thanks!
Adrian
renob99

Return to Lower Back Pain