weak foot push off and slight numbness on left foot

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

weak foot push off and slight numbness on left foot

Postby gbrewer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:12 am

:? nearly a year ago i had a bad sciatica episode that lead to a loss of my push off strength in my left foot and slight numbness on the outside of my foot. my foot and lower leg also looks redder than the other foot from time to time like when i shower. Its been around 18 months since this started. one doc told me that the damage was done to the s1 nerve and only time will tell what recovers. im wondering if the nerve is partially pinched and would surgery help or has it been too long? i have some push off strength still. the nerve must not be totally dead. i live a pretty active life with tennis and golf and i dont have alot of back pain anymore, just the nerve issue. and it hasnt changed any better or worse in 18 months. any ideas?
gbrewer

Return to Lower Back Pain