drx9000

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

drx9000

Postby msp3164 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi, I was hoping there might be some new information about the DRX9000. I have been suffering from chronic lower back pain for 10+ years. I have had numerous MRIs and have been told I have a disc bulge and an anular(?sp) tear in the disk between L4 and L5. I have gone to countless Physical Therapy sessions, acupuncture, massage therapy, and chiropractor visits (that was a last resort.)

I was told by a friend of mine who used the DRX9000 that he has never felt better after 20 or so visits. I have read a lot of the posts on this forum, and most seem to be from 2007 or so. The posts have opened my eyes, but getting first hand testimonial is hard to refute. Any one else use this and have different stories??

I have a consultation this week and before I commit, I would like to hear some updated info.

Thanks!!
msp3164

Postby TBone » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 am

I tried spinal decompression in April of 2008. It didn't do anything for me. Apparently, if your issue is a disc then it is a good therapy, but determining whether your issue is a disc is a bit dicey.

Bulges are more common than not and tears can be ages old. Your pain could be from many different things.

For me, trigger point therapy has helped my range of motion and it has improved my quality of life. I am still limited, but I am able to manage the pain much better than before. I am still depressed about it, because I still can't participate in sports, but I feel that eventually, if I keep working at it, it will go away. Unfortunately, back pain progress has to be measured in months...day to day it seems like it's the same old PIA.

Decompression ruled out a disc issue in my case. Either way, be careful...for money and health reasons.

Good luck
TBone

DRX9000

Postby msp3164 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:29 am

Well I decided I would try it out. I will post updates after every session and sometimes during sessions so others who have similar issues can have a great idea what they are going in for.

Session #1 1/4/09 Started off with 1 hour of PT to warm up and stretch the muscles and body.

While on the DRX9000 I felt like this machine was actually going to make me taller. I felt like it was a really good stretch. HOWEVER, when I got off the table, my pain went from a solid 5 to a solid 10. I was unable to walk. The Dr. had me lay down and put ice on my back. The Dr. has all his patients lay down and ices the back after, but not all people have overwhelming pain when they get off. I did however.

After 15-20 min of ice, my pain was down to about a 5-6. I could walk, and even drove home. As the night went on, my pain level got better. I was at a 4 going to bed. I am at a 4 today, approximately 18 hours after the treatment.

I go back today for more, stay tuned.
msp3164

Postby msp3164 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 am

TBone, thank you for your insight. It helps having someone who has tried it before.
Thanks

TBone wrote:I tried spinal decompression in April of 2008. It didn't do anything for me. Apparently, if your issue is a disc then it is a good therapy, but determining whether your issue is a disc is a bit dicey.

Bulges are more common than not and tears can be ages old. Your pain could be from many different things.

For me, trigger point therapy has helped my range of motion and it has improved my quality of life. I am still limited, but I am able to manage the pain much better than before. I am still depressed about it, because I still can't participate in sports, but I feel that eventually, if I keep working at it, it will go away. Unfortunately, back pain progress has to be measured in months...day to day it seems like it's the same old PIA.

Decompression ruled out a disc issue in my case. Either way, be careful...for money and health reasons.

Good luck
msp3164

DRX9000

Postby C-Dub » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm

So, I have done research on the DRX9000 and while I have not signed up for it yet, I am closer to doing so because I have learned from other users that their results have been positive.
One close friend's mother actually had a form of traction similar to the DRX9000 done to her over 35 years ago with major positive results. When I showed her the DRX9000 she flatly said that nowadays it seems like they need to make things LOOK and SEEM high tech and advanced and that way they can charge excessively.
I understand that statement thoroughly and I understand that DEAN MOYER is AGAINST Chiropractors who "CRACK" the back and pop it. I drive to 1 that is unique in San Diego (2.5 hours each way) and he has never "popped" my back but has been able to provide relief through energy realignment. I guess that is the best way to state it. He finds the problem, pinpoints it and is able to correct it. NOW, I do back exercises provided by my friend who is a Physical therapist, I have followed the CORE PERFORMANCE exercises and warm ups with excellent results and I KNOW that Moyer's comment in his book is DEAD on when he stated that it is not what you DID to your back but what you DIDN'T DO that is critical.
I have downloaded the book to read tonight and I will be postponing the DRX9000 a little while longer, but if it truly is the MONEY issue that DEAN has to complain about and not the theory and practice of distraction, then I would like to know. Obviously, if I do the DRX9000 that is NOT the ONLY SOLUTION and it never should be. We have to maintain ourselves on our own and that is the critical thing.

DEAN, maybe you can elaborate on the issues you have with the DRX9000 and explain if those issues are beyond the price and lofty claims they make. So far it seems like there have been some good responses to the program for those that stick with it and for those that do not, well, it seems to me that they might never really follow through with their own work and are hoping for a quick fix solution.
Not a chance - If it took years to get the back to a bad state, it will take time to bring it back to good.
C-Dub

Postby Dean » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:12 pm

I have never criticized the concept or theory behind decompression.

I'm all for decompression as part of your rebuilding program. I just happen to prefer to do it myself in a gentle, safe, low-impact, natural way.

And my beef is not about the money. I don't care what someone else charges for their services.

On the other hand, if someone is trying to mislead you, I feel you have the right to know. That tends to make the unscrupulous people very angry. :D
Dean
Site Admin

DRX9000

Postby C-Dub » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Dean,

I appreciate the feedback. I Did purchase a DEX II decompression & extension table/machine that I am using currently and have used over teh last 2 years. I am actually thinking of purchasing an INversion table as well once my wife and I move into our new home because we will have the room to keep it in there and I think that Teeter Hangups has made some great products and like you said, they do not require one to drop tons of money repeatedly over time.
I did purchase (Donate for) your book and I plan to read it tonight (having read about 20 pages yesterday. Many good comments in it and my close friend who received her Masters in Physical Therapy agrees too with teh decompresion issue -great therapy, DRX 9000 is high priced. I think that the prepaid in advance method of operating on the DRX9000 brings the SCAM element into the mix. Thanks for your input.
C-Dub

Return to Lower Back Pain