Sex

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Sex

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:10 am

ok, I am sure that got your attention!

To say the least, an aching back can put a real damper on things, especially in the bedroom... without being rude and sounding vulgar, how do you handle the EMOTIONAL side of this?

Nothing against the guys, but I am looking for a ladies point of view on this one. It is not that I am looking for creativity and a diagram...although Dean may consider writing a new book on that one... I am looking for advice on how to handle the loss of intimacy that the back pain brings.

I feel as though I am negitive and miserable and in pain all of the time, and thats not very romantic!
Karen S.

Postby Dana » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi Karen,

I think most of us can relate to what you're saying. Wish I had a good answer. Looking back, I guess we just dealt with it and fortunately my husband was very supportive and understanding.

Just keep reminding yourself that what you're going through is only temporary. It will get better.

Dana
Dana

Re: Sex

Postby Sara » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:59 am

Hello,

I am a lady, age 55. I am with a wonderful man at last after spending the last 18 years raising my daughter, age 19, alone. Marty is everything i ever wanted in a man and much, much more. He is 51 and wonderful.. He has diabetes, bad knees, and a bad back. He has had 2 operations and will be going for his 3rd in a couple of weeks. well i just got back from california visiting him for two week. I live in boise. anyhow, everything was great the first week and then the second week, well it was very hard. his back was in a lot of pain, and it was hard to make love. I guess also when you have diabetes 2 it tires you out quite a bit and i also found out that the nerves in your back can acturally make it so you can't keep an erection or even feel sensations. well, needless to say, i went through a lot feeling that at age 55 i no longer was sexy. not good at all. Marty did tell me " it isn't You sara".. but you know we always think it is. Soooo...
what should we do? we both love each other so very much and will marry next fall.. but i am concerned because we both want to make love and not have the pain it can cause. any ideas?
thanks for your time
Sara from Boise
Sara

Return to Lower Back Pain