On the road to recovery

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

On the road to recovery

Postby krd » Wed May 27, 2009 9:04 am

Hey All

I have just had my 2nd epidural injection on friday. I feel incredibly better with virtually no pain. Had my first day of PT since the epidural and was able to anything that the PT asked me to do with no pain at all. Some tightness still in the hip area, but virtually none. I do have to be careful sitting too much, but that is something that I can live with at this time. It is nice to be pain free again. I do have to say, and so does my PT that because of all of my prior back exercising and stretching, my rehab has gone so much better than my last episode. I can't wait to be able to get back to my full workout routine again, especially the core workouts. I will keep you updated on my progress. Again, thanks for the site Dean. I know I don't post as often, but I often check in on new postings.

KRD
krd

Postby cfr » Thu May 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Did you have any relief with your 1st epidural? I had my 1st a month ago and had no relief at all. My leg never even became numb from the lidocaine. I'm going for my 2nd injection next Wednesday and hoping for at least something to happen.
cfr

Epidural

Postby krd » Fri May 29, 2009 8:55 am

Very much so. Almost all of the burning sensation left. There was some residual effects, and the hip tightness took a while to disapate. Did you have yours done with a guided fluoroscopy? That is how they did mine and the results have been great. Also, are you doing PT? That is probably more important since you have to strengthen every thing again. Do Dean's stretches and strengthen the core. Hope all works well for you on the 2nd epidural.

KRD
krd

Postby cfr » Fri May 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Yes mine was done with guided fluoroscopy. I started my PT a week after the injection and have been at it for 2 weeks now. Some things are better now and some things are worse. I'll let you know how the 2nd one goes.
cfr

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain