Inversion Tables.....????

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Inversion Tables.....????

Postby acw » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Hello All,

I was in the "relax your back" store and saw an inversion table made by "teeter."

I tried it out for 5 min and it seem to relieve some pain in the lower pain area.

I have been diagnosed with having one leg 13mm longer than the other. Based on an x-ray at the chiropractors office. (i know most of you don't approve of chiro's but this one is helping me).

Anyway, has anyone had any luck using inversion tables to relieve the preasure on the lower back area?

~tony
acw

Postby seabound » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:23 pm

They are known to bring relief for many.

They will not fix the problem though, but they will bring relief

be aware that many are reluctant because of possible aneurism caused by inversion.
seabound

Postby acw » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:33 am

thanks seabound.

I tried one the other day...but only for few minutes. I felt the relief i wanted in my lower back. Apparently the inversion table seperates the vertibrae of the spine.

I wonder if this is the same principle used by traction makers?
acw

Postby seabound » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:29 am

pretty much ... except that inversion will be less intrusive ... or less agressive ... as it can only pull as much as gravity allows.

if you have heart conditions ... it would not be advisable to proceed with an inversion table.

again, this is just my idea. you might want to consult a doctor of physician
seabound

Re: Inversion Tables.....????

Postby sbdiscoveries » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:59 am

Yes, I was instructed by my neurosurgeon to get one. I have slight scoliosis and bulging discs. At age 50, that may be normal, but the table allows instant relief and if used frequently (2x daily) it allows me keep flexible. They are not recommended for people with heart/stroke & other elated issues, but it is a way to excercise with little or no-impact.
A few mm isn't a lot, but if you have scoliosis or poor posture, this may correct that over time. But I'm not a doctor either,..been to chiropractors before,....if they don't help after 2-3 weeks, they're more likley after your money,...tell tale sign is if they sell products out of their office,...they'r ein it for more than to help you. Pain can dull your senses to be money-wise,....you just want relief.

acw wrote:Hello All,

I was in the "relax your back" store and saw an inversion table made by "teeter."

I tried it out for 5 min and it seem to relieve some pain in the lower pain area.

I have been diagnosed with having one leg 13mm longer than the other. Based on an x-ray at the chiropractors office. (i know most of you don't approve of chiro's but this one is helping me).

Anyway, has anyone had any luck using inversion tables to relieve the preasure on the lower back area?

~tony
sbdiscoveries

Return to Lower Back Pain