Billiards and Backs

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Billiards and Backs

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:44 pm

Does anyone have any experience with lower back pain while playing billiards? Some of the shots require odd angles. Thank you in advance for any suggestions/comments

Postby Be Careful » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:47 pm

Hello there

Bending over at the waist unsupported does put a lot of strain on your lower back. Support yourself by leaning on the table as you lean over may help....

Twisting while bent is tuff on discs....Your call

Perhaps do some back bends before taking shot....

Any one else care to comment or correct me!!!???

Definately consider rebuilding your back!!!

Look forwrd to your reply

Pete
Be Careful

Billiards and Backs

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:43 am

I have download the two books for rebuilding and have incorporated some of the stretches before shooting and between innings. Only potential problem is some shots require extending the back, e.g. shooting on 9-foot or 12-foot table. Thanks again for the advice.

Re: Billiards and Backs

Postby walkinginpain » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:50 am

[ what can I do for my lower back pain some days it's ok but sometimes i just can't stand on ceament to long or sit. And it really hurts on the days the weater changes i can predict what it's going to do outside better then the meteraligist :wink: :wink:

quote="Guest"]I have download the two books for rebuilding and have incorporated some of the stretches before shooting and between innings. Only potential problem is some shots require extending the back, e.g. shooting on 9-foot or 12-foot table. Thanks again for the advice.[/quote]
walkinginpain

Return to Lower Back Pain