prolapsed disk

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

prolapsed disk

Postby ligester » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:32 pm

removed
ligester

Postby danshields » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Hey, don't let it get you down to bad. I know exactly how you feel. I was 17 when I had my first disk problem and sciatica. I have since had 3 surgeries and have been sitting there depressed as you. I even sit here today having some of the same thoughts because I have to sit all day in pain at work. I just try to think about the good things in life, like the family and my plans for the future. You can't let pain hold you prisoner. You might not be able to do all the things you want to but you can still have a good life.

You will go through ups and downs with pain and hopefully you find something that works for you such as these exercises but I think its good you are on here and can see that others are going through the same exact thing.

Hell, I even get depressed reading sites like these because it seems like so many people get such good relief but I don't, but I have hopes for the future of one day being able to live a somewhat normal life. I know i kind of contradict myself in this post but I just want you to know I can feel exactly where you are coming from and things will get better.
danshields

Postby randolph 2 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:53 am

Hello Ligester

For someone as young as your are, it's not normal to be in chronic pain, and your surgeon who wouldn't help you resolve your pain, should be fired. Find a better orthopedic doc, who will do a better job of helping you reduce completely or better manage your pain (or refer you to someone who can help you). Bone surgeries are risky business: no treatment is 100% effective, especially when exposing bones to the air (hopefully your surgeon was upfront with you about this risk ... and if not ... all the more reason to fire the doc).

You can get some free advice from the world-class orthopedic docs on the Doctor Radio channel of the Sirius-XM radio network, XMchannel 119. Call 877.NYU.DOCS. They take questions on Mondays, noon-2PM ET. I have no financial interest in recommending them; just good experience calling them up with my questions. Good luck.

Randolph
randolph 2

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain