Any help with thoracic back pain please!!!

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain

Any help with thoracic back pain please!!!

Postby PeteD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:45 pm

Good day to you all!!!

Im one of the special ones whos not happy just hurting their lower back i had to do my thoracic back as well!!! :lol:

I had MRI and apparently there is minor bulge and posibbly another minor bulge!!! Well im now totally in the Dean's mind set these are just normal abnormalities (im 36). Im assuming my discomfort is due to muscles ligaments etc!

I have started Deans exercises in the neck book for middle back but has anyone got any other tips for sternthening etc!!!!

As this discomfort has been with me for 10 months i have just started a little swimming and cycling. Is that ok to do at the same time as the exercises. Im never in agony just mainly in discomfort!!!

I think stopping everything is why its still sore so thats why i have taken to thepool and the cycle!!!!!

Any help id really appreciate!!!

All the very best

Pete
PeteD

Other things that help

Postby Rebecca » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:20 pm

Hi
I am another one of those people with a minor bulge that has been causing major discomfort. Any young too. I have decided 28 is too young to have a chronic problem so I am doing the exercises in the book.
I also find that stress and emotional tension exacerbate the pain, so I find that yoga helps. The deep breathing and meditative aspects help relax my muscles and decrease the pain. I too am contemplating swimming to build up my shoulders and upperback in an attempt to have a better support for my neck. I think that I will just do the exercises in the ebook for a week or two to builld up some strength and then slowly work in the swimming.
Let me know if you are having any luck-Rebecca
Rebecca

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:06 am

I think the swimming should be okay as long you're not dealing with a fresh injury and if you take it slow and don't try to be too aggressive with it in the beginning.

Keep us posted on your results.
Dean
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Upper Back and Neck Pain