Does anyone know about NUCCA?

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Does anyone know about NUCCA?

Postby billyboy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Hello there,

I'm new on here having found the site through a google search. I've had a bad back for 20 years after a bulged disc (L5) and then having an epidural. I've tried many things over the years with no real, lasting benefits. I've recently been told about NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association). I'm most definitely not in favor of chiropractic as I've tried a few with little to no help and certainly no long term help. This does look a bit different so I'd love to hear any input from anyone who may have tried this form of chiropractic.

Thanks in advance!
billyboy

Re: Does anyone know about NUCCA?

Postby yannick35 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:49 am

billyboy wrote:Hello there,

I'm new on here having found the site through a google search. I've had a bad back for 20 years after a bulged disc (L5) and then having an epidural. I've tried many things over the years with no real, lasting benefits. I've recently been told about NUCCA (National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association). I'm most definitely not in favor of chiropractic as I've tried a few with little to no help and certainly no long term help. This does look a bit different so I'd love to hear any input from anyone who may have tried this form of chiropractic.

Thanks in advance!

I read the website and to me it sounds like that same bull about chiropratic and the nervous system, restoring the order in the body and the rest of there lame frauds.

I am going in prolotherapy on Sept 5th and i will keep everyone here posted on my results.

You might want to try it http://www.amazon.com/Prolo-Your-Curing ... 090&sr=8-1

This book has received many postivie comments on amazon.com that shows the benefits of prolotherapy for a lot of issues within the body
yannick35

Postby Flyin Pig » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:34 pm

Thanks in advance!

Hey Bill,

Scott here, before you go visit a chiro of any kind, please go thru some of the threads on this site...won't cost you anything other than your time. Consider it as investing in yourself.

In the time that you DO spend here, you'll learn more about your back (from other posters experiences) than any one person can give. You will certainly find out what has worked for others with similar injuries as yourself...be it chiro, prolo, excercise or whatever.

We all tend to rave when we find something that works, especially long term (that's the goal, right?), and we'll rant when we feel we've done something deterimental to our rehabilitation. It's all here.

We're all trying to heal. Many of us believe that we've found the right fix right here. But it has to start with YOU taking an interest in your own health... and you have by coming here.

Like I said, please look around...I think you'll be happy that you did.
Flyin Pig

Postby yannick35 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Flyin Pig wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Hey Bill,

Scott here, before you go visit a chiro of any kind, please go thru some of the threads on this site...won't cost you anything other than your time. Consider it as investing in yourself.

In the time that you DO spend here, you'll learn more about your back (from other posters experiences) than any one person can give. You will certainly find out what has worked for others with similar injuries as yourself...be it chiro, prolo, excercise or whatever.

We all tend to rave when we find something that works, especially long term (that's the goal, right?), and we'll rant when we feel we've done something deterimental to our rehabilitation. It's all here.

We're all trying to heal. Many of us believe that we've found the right fix right here. But it has to start with YOU taking an interest in your own health... and you have by coming here.

Like I said, please look around...I think you'll be happy that you did.

Flyingpig is on the mark, he is right, i am new here and found a lot of inspiration, and a very positive feedback on prolotherapy.
yannick35

Thanks guys!

Postby billyboy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:01 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Good advice! There is a lot of great information to read here. I have been to chiro in the past with no long term benefits, so I avoid them. This NUCCA looked a bit different and since my neck has now become a problem I thought I'd at least ask if anyone had any personal experience with it. I'll continue to research before trying it.
billyboy

Return to Lower Back Pain