Considering Book Exercises to follow prolotherapy treatment

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Would this be a good plan

Poll ended at Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:25 am

Any ideas
No votes
Have you had sucess with excercises
100%

Total votes : 1

Considering Book Exercises to follow prolotherapy treatment

Postby thealia » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:25 am

Dean,

Do you know anything about prolotherapy, I have had it done with before it brought about a year's relief for low back degenerative disc and bulged disc with coccydonia.

I thought of doing it again and then getting your book to do exercises to rebuild so pain doesn't come back. What do you think?
thealia

Postby Dean » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi Thealia,

I haven't had time to thoroughly research prolotherapy, but based on what I have read, I don't think it's a good idea.

I definitely would not make it my first choice in treatment.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Postby thealia » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:57 pm

Dean

Can You let me know why it would not be good. I thought if I got pain relief it would make doing the exercises alot less painful and I would have more success. I talked to a good friend who does physical therapy in homes with older patients he thought your exercises would be a wonderful plan to work on but didn't know anything about prolotherapy but agreed it is always easier to start an exercise program if pain levels are lower.
Can you please comment back I am extremely interested in your view point. Thank you for this site and for wanting to help those of us suffering with pain.
thealia

Postby Dean » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 am

From what I read two years ago, Prolotherapy involves injecting a chemical into a ligament to intentionally damage it so that it will scar and shrink.

That puts it way down at the bottom of my list of treatments I would consider (right along with surgery).

I prefer to seek methods that produce positive changes... not ones that produce scars.
Dean
Site Admin

Postby thealia » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Dean,

That makes since is there any treatment you recommend for pain relief to make doing the exercises easier. Also I don't use computer much so how do I get your book, will I be able to print it out once it comes so I will have it for easier refrence. Thanks again for your help.
thealia

Postby TBone » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:47 am

I had several prolotherapy treatments for my back in 2002 and 2003. Then, when I reinjured my back, I had about 5 more from August 2007 - November 2007. When I relapsed in December of 2007, I decided to forget about prolotherapy.

I don't think that the injection is right into the ligament. The irritant solution, I believe, is injected near the ligament so that your body thinks there is an injury. This is supposed to trigger the body's natural healing response, hence getting blood to the area.

In the end, however, I think that the scarring will make the ligaments less flexible and therefore more prone to reinjury.

I hope that this doesn't make it harder for me to build back my flexibility due to the scar tissue/shrinking.

On a positive note, the RYB exercises have helped me a great deal so far. My flexibility has increased a great deal and I am now able to sit at work. I just have to remember that I started in May of 2008 and it may take some time to rebuild.

Patience is key.
TBone

Postby Dean » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 pm

Thealia,

Getting the book is very easy. If you can point and click with the mouse, you can do it.

1) Book is available through the "Donations" link at the top of this page. (Just follow the steps.)

2) The book is just a medium size file (380K I think) takes less than two minutes to download and open on a slow dial-up connection.

3) You need the free Adobe Acrobat reader (software program) on your computer. (Most already have it, but I provide a link on the "Thank You" page where you can get it if you don't.)

Once you get the book, you can save it and print it out on any printer.

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Postby thealia » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Dean,

I just wanted to say Thank-you for taking time to write this book. I had tried two times of spinal decompression and was ready to sign a contract that I would have been paying on for the next two years when I found this site. So glad I didn't sign the contract.

After having read the pain relief book and almost half of the back pain relief book I have chosen no longer to do the prolotherapy(saving me a bundle since Insurance doesn't pay). I have been suffering since 1996 with back pain when I fell off a stove. Prolotherapy does help but it is so expensive and It doesn't last for me. Now I know why, and I don't want to have any more scar tissue.

I have started walking twice a day for about 30 minutes and already the sciatic tingling in my leg is easing up and I am determined to start your progam and stick to it. I know it will be hard work but just like you say in the book each year I see myself getting worse so I must take an active role in my health. I do eat healthy etc.. but did not know I could personally make such a difference in my back health and stamina. I believe eventually would not have been walking and so did doctors. Now I have hope and know that will not be the case.

The only thing I am not sure how it will affect is coccyx pain with sitting. I can live with that if I can get rid of the rest. I am not sure if you have had anyone do these with a messed up tailbone, but I am keeping a positive outlook that this will be improved as welll.

I Thank God for you and these books. If anyone reading this is questioning whether or not to get them, the answer is an undeniable yes and no I never heard of Dean or this site till the night I found it when searching desperately on internet for information about decompression before spending money. Thios by the way was by far the most informative site of all the one's I checked out.

I wish your books could be sold in every orthopedic physician's office and chiropractic office. although that would probably put them out of business at least drastically affect there income revenue.

Well that's enough, guess I should have typed this under the CHEERS section. Thanks Again.

Thealia
thealia

what about an unstable pelvic

Postby yannick35 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 pm

My pelvic needs to be realigned all the time i started the RYB program and its great.

But i still have a snapping hip joint coming from my back, and i have been told that prolotherapy would be good for me to rebuild the weak ligaments.

I injured myself squatting 8 years ago.

I do not have disk injury of siatica nothing like this.

I read that another user with the same issue has me on this forum had prolo and it work wonders for him.

It is expensive.

But along RYB exercise i guess it would be a great combination.
yannick35

Re: what about an unstable pelvic

Postby thealia » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:04 pm

Yannick

I believe if I understood Dean correctly prolotherapy can leave scar tissue. I have decided I am always looking for a quick fix so for now I am just going to discipline my flesh and commit to six months of working from Dean's book. I just started end of last week. I see some improvment in sciatic numbness I think maybe mine is from a tight piriformis this is a stretch I have been doing with also bending the leg to the left and holding from knee to chest position then opposite way.

I pray you get good results from what ever choices you make. Stick with the exercises no matter what you decide. It is nice to have a forum where we can encourage one another.

Thealia
thealia

Re: what about an unstable pelvic

Postby yannick35 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:56 pm

thealia wrote:Yannick

I believe if I understood Dean correctly prolotherapy can leave scar tissue. I have decided I am always looking for a quick fix so for now I am just going to discipline my flesh and commit to six months of working from Dean's book. I just started end of last week. I see some improvment in sciatic numbness I think maybe mine is from a tight piriformis this is a stretch I have been doing with also bending the leg to the left and holding from knee to chest position then opposite way.

I pray you get good results from what ever choices you make. Stick with the exercises no matter what you decide. It is nice to have a forum where we can encourage one another.

Thealia

Thealia thank you very much for advise. This is not a quick fix beleive me its sort of an addition to what i am doing right now.

Dean book is amazing and far far better then what i have been give up to date by your so call professional.

The exercise are going very well for me, i am doing the advanced ones.

I have been doing them for 2 weeks now but working PT exercise for nearly 6 months and consulting for over 8 years GRRRRRR.

I have a snapping hip joint that starts from the lower right side of my back, i have been doing PT streching to resolve this but it doesnt get better.

I got some good feedback on prolotherapy, but you cannot do this alone you have to do the RYB along with it for sure.

My insurance will cover most charges regarding prolotherapy.

I do not have degenerative disk disease or disk issues my main problems is with muscles imbalance.

I injured myself doing squats with very bad form and my pelvic was unaligned for a year and a half.

I went into chiropratic (The worst scums of the earth) for a year and a half and got my pelvic adjusted many many times.

Someone on this forum got fixed with prolotherapy real quick and from the looks of is post he had the same issue has me.

I will keep you guys posted on this for sure, and will tell you if it really worked for me or it just failed like everything else.

BTW prolotherapy doesnt scar the ligament it makes it sweal so it can repair itself and be stronger. Still lot more reseach has to be done on this.

I would never consider going to a therapy that would weaken my ligaments even more, i am sure with all the pelvic adjustments that the chiro did over the last year and a half did help either.

BUt for snapping hip joint its 100% repaired and the ligament is even stronger afterwards.
yannick35

Postby TBone » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:46 am

My insurance will cover most charges regarding prolotherapy.

Hey Yannick,

I hope you don't mind my nosiness...What kind of insurance do you have that is covering prolotherapy? I could never get it covered. Also, what doctor are you going to see for the prolotherapy? Just curious.

TBone
TBone

not 100% covered

Postby yannick35 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Private consultation is not covered, prolotherapy is not covered.

But injection and medication is.

That is the trick the women gave me at the clinic to get my injection payed at 80%
yannick35

Postby TBone » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:14 am

Nice trick!

Where is the clinic?
TBone

far far away Tbone far far away

Postby yannick35 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:50 pm

I live in Canada, near Montreal.

THe Clinic is in Laval 30 minutes from my house.

I really cant wait to try this if it works for lower back then upper back will follow and maybe a nagging shoulder too.
yannick35

Next

Return to Lower Back Pain