My Aching Disc

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

My Aching Disc

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:01 pm

Hi everybody, I am new here, so be nice.
I am a Pilates instructor and know how to take care of my back, at least, I thought so... I have had sciatica on and off for years, and can relieve it on my own. However this past May, it was different. To make a long story short, I went to the Chiro for the first time ever due to a friends suggestion because I needed quick pain relief due to my proffession. (ya gotta work, ya gotta eat...)
Anyway, things stayed the same, got better for an hour, got worse for a week, one who deals with the neck... started getting neck pain... after an MRI, I found I have a herniated disc...
I am wondering, surgery or not??? Any advise besides stop going to the chiro? I already figured that one out... and oh yeah, I ordered the book already!

Thanks!

Postby Steven » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:05 pm

Hi,

Hey, we're always nice... :lol:

Sorry to hear you were actually hurt by a chiropractor. If it's any consolation, it was probably better to find out early that it was a mistake rather than get drawn into years of unnecessary treatments like a lot of us were. If you look at it that way, you're actually one of the lucky ones.

As far as the surgery goes, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that you don't need it. I would be willing to bet that with your background in Pilates and the information in Dean's book that you have an excellent chance of beating this thing. If people who are out of shape can rebuild their backs, you should have no trouble.

Keep us posted,
Steven
Steven

im sure your be ok!

Postby PeteD » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:51 pm

Hello there

Im sure your be ok.....

Afterall you say you have been managing sciatica for a number of years... This is probably due to a disc problem and you aint had surgery...?!!

Have you any pain in your arms or hands...that would be a sign ths disc is causing your pain........If not chance ares your pain is just mechanical and deans exercise should help just fine along with your pilaties training!!!

Take good care

PeteD
PeteD

Return to General Health Topics