Tenderness in groin area

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Tenderness in groin area

Postby fatchugie » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:19 pm

My initial sympton was difficulty getting up from a seated position without a table, chair arms, etc. to pull or push up on. I accused my knees! After developing sciatica in my right leg and hearing from the doctor all that was at fault with my back, I browsed the internet and found your book, Rebuild Your Back. I am very impressed with it and am feeling better as I do the exercises. My question: During the early stage, I (or the devil) developed a sensitive area (only to touch) in my right groin area. It scared me because I was thinking lymph node cancer or hernia. I am female. Have you ever heard of backpain or sciatica causing this tenderness?
fatchugie

You may have piriformis muscle symptoms

Postby JJM » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:30 pm

I have a piriformis muscle problem in my left leg, which I thought was sciatica, but it can give me a pain in the butt and a pain in the deep groin area of my left leg when it flares. I also get pain in my left hip that can gravitate about half way down my frontal thigh area.
Just thought you might want to know that this could be what you are experiencing possibly.

Good luck,

JJM
JJM

Re: You may have piriformis muscle symptoms

Postby fatchugie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:57 pm

JJM wrote:I have a piriformis muscle problem in my left leg, which I thought was sciatica, but it can give me a pain in the butt and a pain in the deep groin area of my left leg when it flares. I also get pain in my left hip that can gravitate about half way down my frontal thigh area.
Just thought you might want to know that this could be what you are experiencing possibly.

Good luck,

JJM

JJM: Thank you so much. I need all the help I can get. I will appreciate all replies you nice people send. I am on my way to the internet to check out piriformis. Thanks again JJM.
fatchugie
fatchugie

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain