In need of encouragement

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Postby Peter B » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:34 am

Hey Tbone,

WOW...palms to the floor? That's fantastic. On my best day before I injured my back I'd have a tough time matching that.

I wanted to let everyone know about a slight variation in the Cobra that I've been trying out. Without getting into too much detail, what I try to do is isolate each section of my back as I progress towards a full stretch. I do this by concentrating on keeping a different part of my body pinned to the ground as I stretch....eg. if I want to focus on the middle part of my back, I keep my sternum on the ground and stretch from the lower part of my ribs up. Hope that makes sense. I find it's a nice way to progress towards a full stretch.

I just picked up an inversion table to augment my daily exercises. I'll let everyone know how it works after I've tried it out for a bit.
Peter B

Postby thealia » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:47 pm

TBone

Thanks for the information. I was going to do the exercises first and then walk later. I am glad you left us know you walk first and it increases the flexibility.

I will certaintly try this routine.

Thanks Again
Thealia
thealia

Epidural

Postby Gaspode » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:09 am

Hi Thealia, I was wondering if you have had your epidural injections and if it has worked? I had one 3 months ago and no joy. I am scheduled to go back for another mid Sept.

Pete
Gaspode

Re: Epidural

Postby thealia » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:39 pm

[quote="Gaspode"]Hi Thealia, I was wondering if you have had your epidural injections and if it has worked? I had one 3 months ago and no joy. I am scheduled to go back for another mid Sept.

Pete[/quote]

Pete,

I did have injections today. I am blessed to have a very good orhtopedic surgeon with many sports injury degrees and knowledge but very humble. He said he will do another injection in two weeks. I will keep you posted. I will probably just do stretches from pain management book for a day or two after injection. Then back to all basic exercises and I will walk tomorrow. Not today since they put me under for process.

Thanks for asking
Thealia
thealia

Postby Gaspode » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:13 pm

thealia wrote:
Gaspode wrote:Hi Thealia, I was wondering if you have had your epidural injections and if it has worked? I had one 3 months ago and no joy. I am scheduled to go back for another mid Sept.

Pete

Pete,

I did have injections today. I am blessed to have a very good orhtopedic surgeon with many sports injury degrees and knowledge but very humble. He said he will do another injection in two weeks. I will keep you posted. I will probably just do stretches from pain management book for a day or two after injection. Then back to all basic exercises and I will walk tomorrow. Not today since they put me under for process.

Thanks for asking
Thealia

I am pleased you have a good surgeon and i trust you will feel the benefit soon. My epidural was in an out patients clinic no real finesse just a jab in the back. What type of proceedure was yours? I have heard that some use MRI scans as they inject but so far my consultant has been somewhat disappointing.

Fingers crossed for you!

Pete
Gaspode

Postby thealia » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Pete,

I believe the epidural contained some cortisone he calls it a cocktail of what he founds work. What impressed me is how many of the amish community speak highly of him. I am not amish by the way. But he is in the Lancaster PA area. As far as where he injects he does use imaging but goes more on where you are experiencing the most pain.

Thealia
thealia

Previous

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain