How to find a good physical therapist

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

How to find a good physical therapist

Postby shrike718 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm looking for a good PT to supplement my home work. Any ideas on how to find a good one for disc herniation? My primary care physician sucks so shes not going to be a good source of info.
shrike718

Postby Flyin Pig » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:12 pm

In all honesty Shrike,

I think we have the best PT's right here. Where else can you learn what works, what don't, AND be in contact with with so many folks with similar issues?? Not any one Doctor, that is certain.

We're talking Physical tharapy, right?

I didn't start to mend until I took resposibility for my own lack of excersise. And I gotta thank all of you who still help me to realizie this.

If there's a way of rushing this along, I for one, haven't found it. Push too hard and its "...one step back". And it hurts, too. :wink:

Pig
Flyin Pig

Re: How to find a good physical therapist

Postby Gaspode » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:53 am

Hi Shrike, I have to echo FlyingPig, my opinion of doctors is very low and having been to several physio sessions all they do is give me exercises that are in the Books. I am starting my second year of this adventure having thought Chiro was the answer, ha ha! Well not having moved much myself in all that time it hurts now to limber up but i dont see any alternative than just grafting and moving that pain barrier ever higher.
Good luck
Gaspode

Return to Lower Back Pain