Questions about the exercises

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Questions about the exercises

Postby chort » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:22 am

I know you should try to relax your muscles - but this is very hard for me to do while doing the back/forward/and side bends.

To relax your muscles, you need to breathe deeply and exhale and relax, right? This is really hard for me to do during those stretches. Is this normal? Do others have the same problems? :?:
chort

Re: Questions about the exercises

Postby Gaspode » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:23 am

Hi ya, saw no one has answered you so as a newbie , 6 weeks into the programme i can say yes its hard to relax. Best thing is not to worry about it. Just try to brief and not hold your breath as you are doing the excercises. I find the side to side one very tough in fact i think i hate it but as Dean is confinced its one of the best i keep at it but just do 5 morning and 5 evening. If your doing the Cobra its important here to breath deeply with your stomach as described in the book. Let me know how you get on or if you need any encouragement, i know i certainly do.
Pete
Gaspode

Postby Flyin Pig » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Welcome Chort,

I agree with Pete... just breathe deep from the belly while doing some real easy stretches to begin with. It will sometimes feel that you're not accomplishing much, but I think you'll find that you'll see progress soon enough.

For myself though, I began by doing only the cobra. That was about all I could do without pain, stretching several times throughout the day, each time for about 4 or 5 minutes, breathing deep into my belly.

If you have some specific issues, cruise around to the other threads. There's a bunch of good info here.

But I'll say this again Chort, just breathe while you're doin' your favorite stretches... and let yourself begin to heal.

Pig
Flyin Pig

Return to Lower Back Pain