Hindu pushups

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Hindu pushups

Postby Peter B » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Wondering if anyone has tried Hindu pushups as part of their exercise routine once their initial symptoms have subsided. I realize this would be a rather advanced strength move, but it seems to incorporate a nice cobra stretch with a good core strength and upper body exercise.
Peter B

Postby Peter B » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:38 am

Ok...assuming the total lack of response to my question, I guess no one on this forum has tried Hindu pushups. I've done a little surfing, and these types of pushups are included in a three stage workout that includes squats and bridges. The bridges look a bit intimidating, but I can see how there would be merit to the other two...provided they're done correctly and at the right time during a rehab process. I intend to incorporate the pushups into my routine once my lower back herniation has subsided.
Peter B

Re: Hindu pushups

Postby Gaspode » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:29 am

Peter B wrote:Wondering if anyone has tried Hindu pushups as part of their exercise routine once their initial symptoms have subsided. I realize this would be a rather advanced strength move, but it seems to incorporate a nice cobra stretch with a good core strength and upper body exercise.

Hi Peter, I am having problems just posting so not sure if you will get this. If I get a reply I will gladly talk. Not heard of Hindu pushups so should be interesting!

Pete
Gaspode

Postby Peter B » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:04 am

I think a lot of people are having problems posting to this forum. I know I keep getting an error message whenever I try to post a new topic. It seems if you log off, then log back in, the message will sometimes appear.

About those pushups....I tried doing a few yesterday after warming up with the cobra trio. They're harder than they look. I was only able to do about 10. I definitely see how they can be a great strengthening/flexibility exercise. I intend to research body-weight type exercises as I'm not too keen on going back to weight training until my back feels "normal" again. I think the Hindu pushups will provide a nice stop-gap, if not a regular training exercise to get back some of the conditioning I've lost since my disc herniation.
Peter B

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain