Using heat and cold.

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Using heat and cold.

Postby Peter B » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:07 am

Hey everyone,

I'm into my third week of recovery from a severely herniated L5-S1 disc and the accompanying foot drop...things are progressing, albeit slower than I'd like. I've used an ice pack from time to time on my lower back, although I've been told by my family doc that the cold really won't penetrate deep enough to do anything. I'm wondering if it's ok at this point to start applying heat, either by soaking in a tub, or in an infra-red sauna. I have a two person sauna in my home, would love to have a good sweat (God I miss my regular workouts!). However, I'm afraid of doing anything that might cause swelling and put anymore pressure on my sciatic nerve.

Any thoughts?
Peter B

Re: Using heat and cold.

Postby johnny » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Heat and cold is good for blood flow to heal, after time my nerve gets irriated by message or ice. Best is to keep trying diffrent things and supplements such as valerian root. My night pains now are relived with this leg machine called oxypro. It truly increases and aligns my spine.
Also take joint supplements. I ordered a reversion table from ebay for 120 bills for my added maintenance.
johnny

Postby Peter B » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks for the reply Johnny. I was beginning to think my posts were being blacklisted for some reason.

I've tried to find the leg machine you mentioned on the net without luck. What is it exactly?

I'm happy to report I'm now able to do a full stage-two cobra...next up, stage three.
Peter B

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain