Elyptical trainer Advice?

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Elyptical trainer Advice?

Postby BR549 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the group. I just started on the basic exercises and I haven't finished reading the book yet. I'm going to read some more of it tonight.

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with elyptical trainers? Any recommendations on which one to get? Any advice would be appreciated. Now that I'm rebuilding my back I"m getting inspired to get the rest of me in shape too!

Thanks,
Brad
BR549

Postby Dana » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:02 pm

Hi Brad,

I'm no expert but we have a Nordic track model 910 and it works good enough for us. No complaints. We got it at a yard sale for $150.

I'm sure there are better ones out there. But we think we got a good deal.

Dana
Dana

Postby Paula » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:01 pm

Hi,

We have a Precor. Not sure what model, but we really like ours.

Paula
Paula

Postby Ron » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:47 pm

Hi guys,

I'm shopping for an elyptical trainer myself so thanks for posting this message Brad. I wish I could find a used one. My only advice is to pass on what I've read about them and that is not to buy a cheap one. Apparently the cheap ones are noisy and don't last.

Ron
Ron

Postby Erika » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:53 pm

Hi,

I've been wondering if an elyptical trainer would be better than a stationary bike? I've been using an exercise bike now that my back is better, but I'm concerned that it is just more sitting. Any thoughts?

Erika
Erika

Return to Lower Back Pain