General Chit Chat

Here's where you can discuss topics that don't exactly fit the above classifications.

General Chit Chat

Postby Dana » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:20 am

Hi Dean,

The new forum is great but I have one suggestion. How about a section just for non-back pain related conversations? I've seen other forums with sections like that and I didn't see one here.

I was going to post to a couple of people and I didn't know where to post messages to friends that didn't fit the categories you have set up?

You could call it General Chit Chat or something. :)

Just a suggestion,

Dana
Dana

Postby Ellen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:02 pm

Hi Dean,

I agree with Dana. The new forum looks fabulous but I would like to see a section for messages to friends.

I really don't want to just talk about back pain all the time. I don't have pain anymore so what's to talk about? Other than answering questions for newcomers (which I'm happy to do) I don't think the forum will be very interesting for the rest of us.

Hope this doesn't sound too critical, I'm really excited about the forum and hope everybody will participate.

Love,
Ellen
Ellen

re. general chit chat

Postby Dean » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:47 pm

Hi guys,

I knew there had to be a reason God invented women... now I know.

It was to think of all the things us dumb guys overlook. So no, I don't think you guys are being too critical. I think you both hit the nail right on the head.

Give me some more suggestions about what discussion categories you'd like to see. I think General Chit Chat is good, but is that too broad? Should we narrow it down and have several categories for non-back pain related discussions? If so, what should they be?

Anybody with additional ideas let me know what you think - or what you'd personally like to have - and I'll see about implementing the best ideas.

Thanks Dana and Ellen, it's that kind of thinking that will ultimately decide if this forum is a success or not.

Keep the suggestions coming,

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Postby John » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:36 pm

Hi everybody,

I agree with the girls. You need to add something more than just back pain stuff.

Maybe you could have a section titled Community or Group News or something like that. I don't know what forum topics to include, I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

John
John

Postby Bill » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:57 pm

Hi folks,

A Community section sounds good. Might help get things going a little quicker.

I'll try and think of some more ideas.

Bill
Bill

Postby Dana » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:59 pm

Hi everybody,

I like the Community Section idea. Within that you could have Forums for General Chit Chat
Entertainment (for talk about TV shows, movies, etc.,)
Sports (for the guys maybe?)
Music

Anybody else have any thoughts?

Dana
Dana

Postby Paul » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:58 pm

Hi Everybody,

The new forum looks great. I think you've got some good ideas. I'll try and think of some more.

I'd really like to see this thing take off,

Paul
Paul

Postby Dean » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:14 pm

Hi guys,

Keep the ideas coming. I think so far we will add a "Community Section" but now we need to come up with more ideas like Dana's on just what to put in it.

Put your thinking caps on,

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Postby The Chad » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:02 pm

I think the new forum is great just the way it is. However, if you wanted to add some more to it that would be cool to.

Chad
The Chad

Postby randolph » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:20 am

This idea of providing an area for chit chat was first suggested months ago, but I think the need is still here. I was always so dissappointed :cry: to come here and find no one had anything new to say (so I appreciated Bill's effort last month when he asked, "where is everybody?", and Dean's recent posting of that critical idiot's vitriol). My suggestions would be, at least the following categories of chit chat: good movies; good books; religion (reasoned discussion - no evangelistic rantings please); stories about successful (and not-so-successful) efforts to tell others about RYB; other interesting websites; and, of course, miscellaneous.
randolph

Postby Dean » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:34 pm

I'm still open to adding a general conversation area if people want it. I held off because in the beginning it took a while for the other sections to take off and I didn't want to add more empty forums until the main areas got going.

Maybe that was a mistake on my part. I just figured no body wants to be the first out on the dance floor. Maybe I should just create the section and see what happens?

I know I get tired of talking about back pain, too. :)

Dean
Dean
Site Admin

Return to General Health Topics