Question for Dean - Regarding Back Bends

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Question for Dean - Regarding Back Bends

Postby CricketCrazy » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Dean,

I read your Rebuild your Back book and tried doing the basic execises yesterday and today morning. I have a protruded disc between L4 & L5 joints.

In your book you have emphasized on doing the standing back bends and infact suggested to end the exercise session with 5 back bends. In my case my back hurts a lot after doing a back bend. I literally cannot bend forward after I do a back bend. I could only recover by sqautting and decompressing my back. However, I am able to do all 3 steps of the cobra without much pain. I have also noticed that stretching my hamstrings relaxes my back.

All other exercises are fine but the back bends are killing me. Is this supposed to be normal?
Can I avoid performing it? Pl. suggest.
CricketCrazy

Postby Flyin Pig » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Hey Cricket,

If you haven't already, see the thread titled "Sacroiliac strain" paying close attention to Bill P's posts. I think there's something here for all of us.

S
Flyin Pig

Return to Lower Back Pain