Sciatic Nerve, butt down outside leg and calf pain.

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Sciatic Nerve, butt down outside leg and calf pain.

Postby Edward Welchel » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:03 am

I fell approx 20 feet from ladder, fracturing pelvis in four places, rt compound break in elbow and creating this severe 24/7 sciatic nerve pain since date of accident 25 Nov 2007, this pain is on both sides with the left side the worse. I am in wheel chair, I cannot stand on my feet over 3/4 mins at a time. Was refer'd to Spinal Management by Ortho. Made big difference in managing my pain but has done very little getting rid of the pain. First 7/8 weeks of accident I was in severe pain 24/7 and this was from the sciatic nerve, I did have pain in my elbow but that was from the bone. Did not make any difference whether I was sitting, standing or laying down I was constantly in pain. I ate Perocets thats the only thing that worked. Now I take nothing except every once in a while and two I can now sleep without pain and I can sit without pain. So going to a pain management facility made a big improvement in helping me manage the pain. I am in pain now when I put weight on my feet which requires me to stay in a wheel chair and of course I am still out of work. I down loaded the book "Rebuild your back" and I don't know if those exercises are for sciatic nerve problems and two with a fractured pelvis would be good for me? I am also being treated with steroids injectiions directly into the nerve. I have done two each on each side so far and have one more to do on each side. I've had some temporary relief, for me the procedures are very painful especially on my worse side and the relief so far has not been worth it (steriods) I don't know what else I can do except for these exercises and not even sure if I can do those. Do you have any suggestions? thx
Edward Welchel

Postby Steven » Fri May 02, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Edward,

I see no one has answered your questions yet, so I'll try. Yes, the exercises in the book are for sciatica. As far as the broken pelvis, I don't know how that would affect your progress. Best thing to do would be to follow the advice of your doctor.
Steven

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain