C5-6 herniation

Discussions related to Upper Back and Neck Pain

C5-6 herniation

Postby Becca » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:19 pm

Hi
I am 28, and 6 months ago I started having pain in my neck and upperback. I woke us with a stif neck one morning. Over time the pain made its way down from my neck to the middle of my back, my shoulders and my upper chest. An MRI showed a bulging c5-6. I tried trigger poing injections, massage and PT. I still have alot of stiffnes and pain in my upperback and shoulders. I don't have any radicular symptoms. My MD said there was nothing I could do-that my long neck is causing the problem. I don't want to rsign myself to the pain. Any suggestions? thanks
Becca

Postby Ron » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:54 pm

Hi Becca,

I doubt the length of your neck has anything to do with it. I recommend that you read several of the posts on this group and then check out Dean's book, Rebuild Your Neck. I was told I had a couple of bad disks in my neck and it really helped me. I have absolutely no neck or shoulder pain now. Just take your time and follow the instructions in the book to the letter and you'll be surprised at how well it works.

Ron
Ron

Dont worry too much!!!

Postby PeteD » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:20 am

Hello there

Dont worry too much............. often these bulges are just ignorable findings!!!

MRI's can often give tooo much information!!!! The exercixes here will fix it!!! Trust me im a doctor! :wink:

Let me know how you get on!

PeteD
PeteD

Return to Upper Back and Neck Pain