I have a new

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

I have a new

Postby fortyrounds » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:55 pm

question every time i lift my rt knee up it makes apopping noise when i lower it back down is that from a pelvic tilt or is there a way to stop that cause i think thats a contributer to my back issue Thanks Wess
fortyrounds

Postby Steven » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Wess,

I'm pretty sure the popping sound in your knee is a separate issue. I don't think it has any affect on your back or pelvis unless it is painful and causing you to walk or stand crooked.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the two are related.

Steven
Steven

oh

Postby fortyrounds » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:42 am

Im sorry what i meant was my hip is making a popping nois i see it sounds like im askin if my knee pops lol anyway when i raise my knee in the air and i put it down my hip makes a popping noise and its always my rt hip
fortyrounds

Postby Steven » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:53 am

I'm not sure if there is a way to stop the popping sound or not. Maybe someone else will know.

A problem with your hip could affect your lower back. It would be interesting to see if correcting the pelvic tilt changes the situation.

Steven
Steven

Postby TryNSave » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:50 pm

Exact same thing happens to my right hip. It's more of a clunk than a pop. I think some people are born that way. It's annoying because when it happens I feel like I'm broken or missaligned or something's loose...for example, when I try to do hanging bent knee leg lifts it will clunk so I try not to do movements that will make it clunk. As I move my legs so it "clunks", if I push hard on certain spots around my hip area, it will make it worse or better depending on where I'm pushing. Also I try not to do movements that make it clunk as I think too much of that might lead to arthritis, which I already have. I plan to get an MRI of my back in a few months, maybe that might give some info. Another thing it reminds me of is my jaw...when I open my mouth, my jaw on the right side clunks, and by pressing on certain areas of my jaw, it will either be worse or better, depending on where I'm pushing. That's also annoying as I can't open my mouth wider than about a half inch before it clunks.
TryNSave

Yes

Postby fortyrounds » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:51 am

You know what im talking about ya know a chiropracter told me that my hip was out of whack but my doc said its not really poss for it to go out like he is saying i have noticed the sound is going away the more i do the exersizes but yes mine does it w i do the hanging knees also as does my jaw lol i guess im just getting old
fortyrounds

Return to Lower Back Pain