Scoliosis

Discussions relating to Lower Back Pain.

Scoliosis

Postby Barbara » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:33 pm

I have lumbar scoliosis, degenerative discs, hereniated discs, stenosis and
a synovial cyst. Reading about all of the exercise for these problems, I have not read anything about scoilosis. Can the RTB system change the course of scoliosis?
Barbara

Postby randolph » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 pm

Hi Barbara

Some chiros and physical therapists claim to have helped folks with minor scoliosis. Evidence, sadly, is anecdotal, thus controversial, and disputed by more mainstream/evidence-based doctors.

How bad is your scoliosis? Have docs given you a degree number as to its severity, and how much it contributes to your pain compared to the other back problems you've got?

Also, synovial cysts frequently present similar to stenosis; you've got both?

Randolph
randolph

Scoliosis

Postby Barbara » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:28 am

Hi Radolph
I have herniated discs, facet hypertophy,
some lateral sublaxtion of L3 on 4, no disc space at L3-4, severe central canal stenosis at L4-5 and a facet cyst on the right on L4-5 and L5-S1 and a 35 degree scoliosis in the lumbar region. I do not have any leg pain, just a continually aching back over the last 10 years. The cyst is narrowing the central canal at L3-4, L4-5. I am now getting an occasional sharp pain shooting in to the buttocks, sometimes left side, sometimes right side. My ability to walk without pain or aching is maybe 100 yards.

randolph wrote:Hi Barbara

Some chiros and physical therapists claim to have helped folks with minor scoliosis. Evidence, sadly, is anecdotal, thus controversial, and disputed by more mainstream/evidence-based doctors.

How bad is your scoliosis? Have docs given you a degree number as to its severity, and how much it contributes to your pain compared to the other back problems you've got?

Also, synovial cysts frequently present similar to stenosis; you've got both?

Randolph
Barbara

Return to Lower Back Pain