LUMBAR TRACTION

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

LUMBAR TRACTION

Postby CAT65412 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:22 am

[b] My internal medicine physician offers me 10 physical theaphy and I have received 6 decompression on my lumbar using a portable decompression device. I am going to have another 4 lumbar tractions. After 6 tractions, I feel the pain and sour on my hip have been reduced about 10% but my right leg starts tightness so that I could not walk smoothly. I reported it to my internal medicine physician but he does not ask me to stop lumbar traction. I reported it to theapist and she told me the leg problem was from theaphy on leg and it is not from lumbar tractions.

After reading DRX-9000 case, I start to worry about lumbar traction. The traction on lumbar might effect all spine, from neck down to tail bone. Should I stop lumbar traction until the appointment with a physical medicine & rehab. doctor referred by my internal medicine physician.
CAT65412

Re: LUMBAR TRACTION

Postby CAT65412 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 am

[ According to my doctor's findings on 5 X-Rays taken on my lower back, the interspace between disc in my lumbar arae are narrowing so that I feel pain and sour on my hip and leg from pressure on nerves inside my lumbar area.

How I could increase interspace between disc in my lumbar area? Does lumbar traction is the only way without side effectives? I am 62 years old.
CAT65412

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain