Sciatica-relapse, help!!

Discussions related to Sciatica and Leg Pain

Sciatica-relapse, help!!

Postby Henry » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:22 am

Dear all. After my recent positive postings I am now in the depths of despair because following a week of pushing myself too hard I have had a flare up of acute sciatica that has set me back to where I was a month ago. Basically I spent several days sitting (with some discomfort) and travelling by car and train to attend my son's graduation ceremony from University. Now I have intense burning leg pain and whereas I was starting to be able to sit for longer I am now back to square one. I am seeing orthopaedic consultant next week and just hope I don't give in and decide to have surgery. I suppose the message from all this is to be patient and not push it too hard too quickly which is difficult if like me you are impatient to get on with doing stuff with your life. Sorry to seem negative but I needed to share this with someone. I expect many of you have been there and know what I am talking about..

Regards Henry
Henry

Postby astro8 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:31 am

Hi Henry, sorry to hear it. What I've learned from this disaster is that there is no rushing it along. You have to push yourself but know when to back off as well. I'm actually improving in leaps'n'bounds and can actually stand up straight in the mornings now.

I'm afraid you'll just have to stick in there and ride the monster through, but I think you already know that.

You will get better. You have already experienced that feeling. Don't let this thing beat you! I was also offered surgery but thought to myself "What if it goes wrong?".."What the HELL am I to do then?"

I will just stick it out as I KNOW I will get better.

Randolph's posts are a great inspiration to me as I relate to his symptoms as well. I like his attitude...so read, read all the posts you can from everyone, they always help me.

Hope this has helped a little...

Greg
astro8

Return to Sciatica and Leg Pain